MN700 - Reconnect Issues

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a Wireless Kit - MN-820 that has the MN-700 base
station and MN-720 adapter. My laptop has Windows 2000
Professional.

For some reasons everytime I reboot the machine I have to
reconfigure using the Broadband utility to re-establish
the connectivity.

I am not sure if this is a defect or some configuration
issue.

Has anybody else seen this? Any pointers?
..

Assuming it's the 720 that is not connecting, assign a
static IP to the 720 (e.g. IP 192.168.2.2, mask
255.255.255.0, DNS and gateway 192.168.2.1 -- also go to
the router and change the DHCP start range to 192.168.2.3).

Double check that the 720 and the 700 are on the same channel.

You can power off the 700 and power it back (while keeping
the PC running) -- it should not lose the settings,
otherwise it's defective.

If the above doesn't resolve the problem try reseting the
modem. Power it off, wait 3mns, and power it back again. Or
cloning the MAC address of the PC which was connected to
the ISP when you signed for service into the router.