Blue sparkling dots on Samsung 245B

cjp3

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2007
Hello,

I sometimes (not always - 2 times in 4 sessions of about 4 hours each) get these blue dots on a new 245B... it happened in games, moving video, still video and screenshots.

See here: http://i28.tinypic.com/rwmmhf.jpg

Color depth (16bit vs. 32bit), resolution, scaling mode or monitor brightness do not change the dots. The dots seem to appear in blue/gray/dark scenes mostly.

If I take a screenshot of a game where the dots appear, the dots are not in the screenshot (if I move the image to a CRT, no dots), but when I view the screenshot on the 245B, they appear. If I move the window around, they flicker a bit.

Switching the 245B off and on seems to fix the issue, so I think it's not the PC, video card or cable (DVI).

Any idea? Sounds like a RMA, doesn't it? Did anyone have a similar issue? Google didn't bring much up for me.

Thanks.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
I would RMA that. I big clue was when you viewed the SS from a CRT. Not only that when you shake it and the dots flicker, sounds like a hardware thing. I would say RMA it, although I'm replying a little late. Hmm I never thought a Samsung would do something like that.

cjp3

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2007
It occured maybe 3 times in a week of heavy usage.

I did return it to the vendor. Mainly because of backlight hum though. :(