Event Viewer Showing Error 7001 and 7000

angry12345

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Greetings

I have something going on but not sure what. I tried system restore which is not working neither. Tried multiple restore points. Says they are corrupted or deleted...

The computer boots a bit slow, but it was never a fast booter. The info it

Event ID: 7000
Source: Service control Manager

Seems to to do with my Killer NIC, but i dont even run anything off it and always worked fine when hooked up

Event ID: 7001
Source: Service Control Manager
Locale ID: 1003

States: The HomeGroup Provider service depends on the Function Discovery Provider Host servicewhich failed to start cause of the following error:

The service cannot be started, either because it is disabledor because it has no enabled devices associated with it

I run a Quad Core with a geforce 560 and 4 sticks of ram. I ran malewarebytes and found nothing. It started when a program froze my computer. I rebooted, and when i did, my clock was messed up on wrong time and this error has showed up on every reboot now.

Also noticed that my Peer to Peer Service has been disabled.. that right?

angry12345

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Clock went bad right after the freeze and crash. When I reset it to correct time, it never again went bad again on my numerous reboots.

I did Malewarebytes in safemode, re-installed Avast probably should do that in safe mode too, but initial scans found nothing..

I used the Troubleshooting tool to troubleshoot the homegroup and the error 7001 is no longer popping up on boot ups, but still getting the error for 7000 with my Killer NIC

I am running it without the Bigfoot Networks software, because no real need to and hasnt cause this in the past.

angry12345

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Alright.. update..

I couldnt uninstall the Killer Drivers from control panel, so i unplugged the network cable, went into device manager, disabled it from there, and uinstalled. It said it worked..

Next I installed the drivers/software I got from Bigfoot networks and restarted computer. still getting this

Event ID: 7000
Source Service Control Manager
Killer Port Manager has failed to start...: The system cannot find the path specified

Also now getting

Event ID: 2
Source: Kernel-EventTracing
Session "Homegroup log" failed to start cause of the following error: 0xC0000035
Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin

I think that second one is because of the first, but could be wrong

In any case, the only thing i necessarily notice is that my boottime is longer, but i hate having any error code

angry12345

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010

Yea had already tried that and didn't work. Installed the new drivers, and uninstall all. Pulled out the card. While I'd like to use the card, I'm guessing maybe cause its an older card, and the newest drivers are a couple of years old, perhaps its conflicting with things. Once uninstalled and settings set back to on board network card.. no more errors.

I had, had random freezes for years.. maybe card was doing it whole time. I know latest drivers conflicted with ventrilo

angry12345

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Yes, appears to still be working fine without the NIC. No more errors, the card is not THAT old, only about 4 years, but Bigfoot has come out with newer cards and seems to pretty much stop updates on the card within 2 years of putting it out which is a bit disappointing. Probably a wasted $150 anyways, I am not so sure it was making that much difference in gaming anyways

TRENDING THREADS