Precision 670 1-3-2 bios erro

HalEGeb

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
When the 670 is turned on after being off over night it produes a 1-3-2 bios beep error. If the 670 is then powered off and then on the error is gone. Once running the dell digmostic disk was used to test the RAM which passed all tests. Is it possible to locate the souce of this problem. I worry that re cycling power after a cold start may not fix the problem in the future. Once on the computer can be power on an off with on problem until it remains off over night.

HalEGeb

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
When the 670 is turned off over night is when the problem ocurs. I have not tried the sleep mode.

Plumble

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
This sounds strange, but the 670 is rather pick about somethings.

a few questions.

Do you have the optional fan for the RAM modules installed?

How many ram modules, what sizes, and how many banks are they for instance, do they say 1GB 1Rx4 or 1GB 2Rx8?

What order are they in (starting from the furthest away from the CPU)?

What I'm thinking is the power supply may be going (if you can test that safely). But equally it may be the RAM cooler (which would raise those errors (both point to RAM config) depending on the type of ram and which socket the RAM is installed in).

HalEGeb

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010

Never have a problem once 670 is running. Ran the diagnostic RAM test a number of times and have never had a failure. Thank you for your input!! I will look at the power supply. New RAM was installed when this problem first ocurred but this did not fix the problem.