How to capture quality video

Status
Not open for further replies.

jauzi

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
Hello everybody!

I am a newby in camera bussines so a more newby question. I got an old dcr-trv740e sony cam from my wife's father to make some video of our newborn daughter. I am thinking about a new HD camera, but I would like to try it out first to see how it is - I am more of a photo kind of guy.

My problem. I loaded all the drivers and tried to capture video from the camera via USB with the windows movie maker. All great but altought I gave the highest quality video in optiond it still came out, when viewed with bs players al grainy and not as nice as if I plug the camera on my hd tv. So I was thinking what if I use some better video software. I got myself pinnacle studio 14 and hoped to use some better options, but when I try to import the video, the Studio doesn't find my camera :((
What is there to do.

DO you suggest some other software?

Any other way to get really quality video - like when I plug the camera directly into my TV?

Have fun and thanks for the answers.

tanmaysnv

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Commercial DVDs also use MPEG-2, but not all MPEG-2 encoders are created equal! If you're doing the conversion while you're capturing it's a near certainty that you're using a bad one. If you get an app like the Ulead one mentioned above, or Sony's Vegas Movie Studio, they'll include a good quality encoder that will produce very use able output with little or no effort on your part.

WillDockery

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009

Thank you, believe it or not, I still haven't really solved the problem I was having the many months ago when I wrote this... in fact had just put the project on a back burner "To Do" status. Need to get back to that, though...

--
Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars - God´s Toybox - A movie by Falke58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EabjmMP9mQk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS