Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

problem with cd writing wizard

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:42:52 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hello everyone, I just recently ran in to a problem with the CD wizard
of Windows XP.

When I try to burn data on to a CD it keeps telling me to insert a disk in
to the drive, even though there is a disk in the machine.

I have used other programs such as Musicmatch and HP's program called
Recordnow and all work just fine.

I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall the drive but to no avail.
What else can i take a look at?

More about : problem writing wizard

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:42:53 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

William Sallander wrote:
> Hello everyone, I just recently ran in to a problem with the CD
> wizard of Windows XP.
>
> When I try to burn data on to a CD it keeps telling me to insert a
> disk in to the drive, even though there is a disk in the machine.
>
> I have used other programs such as Musicmatch and HP's program called
> Recordnow and all work just fine.
>
> I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall the drive but to no
> avail. What else can i take a look at?

Why multiple posts in different groups..?
Please cross-post as opposed to multiposting in the future and allow 24
hours to pass before worrying if you will ever get an answer or not.

- Are you sure these are good and blank CD-R/RWs?
- You say you can burn using the other applications on this computer - why
in the world would you want to use the crippled burning of Windows XP when
you have a full-fledged application or two?
- Is the Recording properties tab of the drive setup for the drive to be
enabled for recording?
- Can you describe - in detail - what you are doing step-by-step - and the
results thereof - including messages you get, questions asked of you,
options you are choosing from, etc.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
September 3, 2005 6:44:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"Shenan Stanley" wrote: > Why multiple posts in different groups..? Please
cross-post as opposed to multiposting...

How do you "crosspost"?

> why in the world would you want to use the crippled burning of Windows XP when
> you have a full-fledged application or two? -- Shenan Stanley

My question is related. I have Roxio ECDC 6.2 on my desktop. On my new
laptop, I see there's a Sonic RecordNow! v. 7.22.

I don't see anything about trial version, so I'm guessing it's free. Is
there any reason for me to install my Roxio on the laptop? At this time, I'm
primarily interested in backing up data files.

Thanks,

JW
Related resources
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 12:37:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Why multiple posts in different groups..?
> Please cross-post as opposed to multiposting...
>
> why in the world would you want to use the crippled burning of
> Windows XP when you have a full-fledged application or two? --

Weston wrote:
> How do you "crosspost"?
>
> My question is related. I have Roxio ECDC 6.2 on my desktop. On my
> new laptop, I see there's a Sonic RecordNow! v. 7.22.
>
> I don't see anything about trial version, so I'm guessing it's free.
> Is there any reason for me to install my Roxio on the laptop? At
> this time, I'm primarily interested in backing up data files.

First Question:
Use a real newsreader instead of the web page and put multiple newsgroups in
your "TO" or "NEWSGROUPS" list to post to.. Just like sending the same email
(once) to many people.. you just add the multiple people to the TO or CC or
BCC fields instead of sending the same email to each individual.

Second concept:
Sonic is not free, but came with (assumption here) your new Dell computer.
It's included with your purchase. It and/or Windows XP will burn your data
files just fine. It will also go beyond this duty. So, unless you are just
more comfortable with Roxio - no reason for you to put it on your laptop.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 2:34:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

In article <0B2FA7AF-EE4E-4AC1-90B6-CCDEFB113899@microsoft.com>,
Weston favored us with...
> How do you "crosspost"?

"Why and how to crosspost"
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html

--
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"If there's one thing I know, it's men. I ought to: it's
been my life work." -- Marie Dressler, in /Dinner at Eight/
!