Add/remove programs

I've got Windows XP. Quicken software was installed with the computer. I
tried to use the Add/remove tool and after uninstall shield started, I got a
message that it couldn't find uninst.isu in the folder quickenw. That is
because Quicken was installed in folder quicken2002free. How do I uninstall
the software?
6 answers Last reply
More about remove programs

    Really this program probably does not use up that much space. I would
    probably just leave it on the hard drive. Otherwise you will probably have
    to reinstall the program then try another uninstall

    If the program was preinstalled it might be on whatever CD's you received
    with the computer. You might post the exact error and what computer you
    have. Each of them have different ways to install the various programs.
    You also might post exactly what version of Quicken that is on the computer.

    Henry 45 wrote:
    > I've got Windows XP. Quicken software was installed with the
    > computer. I tried to use the Add/remove tool and after uninstall
    > shield started, I got a message that it couldn't find uninst.isu in
    > the folder quickenw. That is because Quicken was installed in folder
    > quicken2002free. How do I uninstall the software?

    Likely - if add/remove programs does not work - you can just delete the
    folder and go with it. If that is what you are saying you did, then you
    only have the entry left in Add/Remove programs and any files that were not
    natively in that folder ((left there by your incorrect method of getting rid
    of it originally.)

    Your best choice - reinstall it with whatever media came with your computer
    then use add/remove programs to remove it properly.
    Not an option.. Do a google search and find a way to remove it from the
    Add/Remove Programs control panel - because in all practicality - it is
    gone.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    You might find some information in the Quicken folder but if not, then
    I would alter the UninstallString in the Registry to reflect the real
    location of uninst.isu (assuming it exists) and cross my fingers.
    Have a look with Regedit and see what you think.
    It will have an entry under this key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:47:01 -0700, "Henry 45" <Henry
    45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I've got Windows XP. Quicken software was installed with the computer. I
    >tried to use the Add/remove tool and after uninstall shield started, I got a
    >message that it couldn't find uninst.isu in the folder quickenw. That is
    >because Quicken was installed in folder quicken2002free. How do I uninstall
    >the software?

    What he said......perfect! :o)

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    > You might find some information in the Quicken folder but if not, then
    > I would alter the UninstallString in the Registry to reflect the real
    > location of uninst.isu (assuming it exists) and cross my fingers.
    > Have a look with Regedit and see what you think.
    > It will have an entry under this key:
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    >

    > ...Alan
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:47:01 -0700, "Henry 45" <Henry
    > 45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I've got Windows XP. Quicken software was installed with the computer. I
    >>tried to use the Add/remove tool and after uninstall shield started, I got
    >>message that it couldn't find uninst.isu in the folder quickenw. That is
    >>because Quicken was installed in folder quicken2002free. How do I
    >>uninstall
    >>the software?

    Hi SK with two.
    Glad someone else thinks it may be worth a try.

    ....Alan
    --

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 01:42:17 -0500, "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote:

    >What he said......perfect! :o)

    And all day, too....A (wo). :o)

    --

    > Hi SK with two.
    > Glad someone else thinks it may be worth a try.
    >
    > ...Alan
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html