Add/remove programs

July 17, 2005 7:47:01 PM

I've got Windows XP. Quicken software was installed with the computer. I
tried to use the Add/remove tool and after uninstall shield started, I got a
message that it couldn't find uninst.isu in the folder quickenw. That is
because Quicken was installed in folder quicken2002free. How do I uninstall
the software?

More about : add remove programs

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 10:31:41 PM

Really this program probably does not use up that much space. I would
probably just leave it on the hard drive. Otherwise you will probably have
to reinstall the program then try another uninstall

If the program was preinstalled it might be on whatever CD's you received
with the computer. You might post the exact error and what computer you
have. Each of them have different ways to install the various programs.
You also might post exactly what version of Quicken that is on the computer.

"Henry 45" <Henry 45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got Windows XP. Quicken software was installed with the computer. I
> tried to use the Add/remove tool and after uninstall shield started, I got
> message that it couldn't find uninst.isu in the folder quickenw. That is
> because Quicken was installed in folder quicken2002free. How do I
> uninstall
> the software?
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 10:41:20 PM

Henry 45 wrote:
> I've got Windows XP. Quicken software was installed with the
> computer. I tried to use the Add/remove tool and after uninstall
> shield started, I got a message that it couldn't find uninst.isu in
> the folder quickenw. That is because Quicken was installed in folder
> quicken2002free. How do I uninstall the software?

Likely - if add/remove programs does not work - you can just delete the
folder and go with it. If that is what you are saying you did, then you
only have the entry left in Add/Remove programs and any files that were not
natively in that folder ((left there by your incorrect method of getting rid
of it originally.)

Your best choice - reinstall it with whatever media came with your computer
then use add/remove programs to remove it properly.
Not an option.. Do a google search and find a way to remove it from the
Add/Remove Programs control panel - because in all practicality - it is
gone.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

You might find some information in the Quicken folder but if not, then
I would alter the UninstallString in the Registry to reflect the real
location of uninst.isu (assuming it exists) and cross my fingers.
Have a look with Regedit and see what you think.
It will have an entry under this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:47:01 -0700, "Henry 45" <Henry
45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've got Windows XP. Quicken software was installed with the computer. I
>tried to use the Add/remove tool and after uninstall shield started, I got a
>message that it couldn't find uninst.isu in the folder quickenw. That is
>because Quicken was installed in folder quicken2002free. How do I uninstall
>the software?
July 18, 2005 1:55:07 PM

What he said......perfect! :o )

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
> You might find some information in the Quicken folder but if not, then
> I would alter the UninstallString in the Registry to reflect the real
> location of uninst.isu (assuming it exists) and cross my fingers.
> Have a look with Regedit and see what you think.
> It will have an entry under this key:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
>

> ...Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:47:01 -0700, "Henry 45" <Henry
> 45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I've got Windows XP. Quicken software was installed with the computer. I
>>tried to use the Add/remove tool and after uninstall shield started, I got
>>message that it couldn't find uninst.isu in the folder quickenw. That is
>>because Quicken was installed in folder quicken2002free. How do I
>>uninstall
>>the software?
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 9:36:24 PM

Hi SK with two.
Glad someone else thinks it may be worth a try.

....Alan
--

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 01:42:17 -0500, "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote:

>What he said......perfect! :o )