Windows 7 on netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

seektruthnow

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
i installed windows 7 on my asus aspire using an iso file i transferred to a memory stick. well i don't like it and i dont know how to get my old windows xp back. the partition that asus had for restoration is gone and there is no cd-rom or burner as you know. help!

seektruthnow

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
how does one do that without a rescue disc? nothing comes with the pc. it's factory installed. as far as not liking it, this is a netbook with 1gig of ram. xp works better in that kind of environment.

seektruthnow

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009

how does one do that without a rescue disc? nothing comes with the pc. it's factory installed. as far as not liking it, this is a netbook with 1gig of ram. xp works better in that kind of environment.

You installed 7 fine without a disc - why can't you copy the procedure for XP?
Admittedly, I've no idea how you used an ISO file and a flash drive to install 7 in the first place.

7 is a more efficient OS than XP. When it really hits the market in full force, you'll see that netbooks will start carrying 7 instead.

meewog

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
i think pressing shift+f11 repeatedly while the netbook is booting will make it go into the recovery partition (presuming its not an SDD version). From there you can install windows and all the drivers :)

seektruthnow

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009

I am sure you are correct. Installing w 7 involves a complete format. Oh well. Expensive lesson. I need to keep the netbook pretty trim so it is as fast as it can be. Guess I'll delete Microsoft word. Thanks for the comment. :)

pcfixed

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008

well the recovery will be on a diffrent partiton not on C, if you only formatted C without deleting the partition you can still access the
recovery partition. to see if its there do the following

right click on my computer and go to manage
then storage devices
the disk managment
see if there is a hidden partition called (eisa) that's the recovery one, usualy you cant delete it unless u boot with a seperate os disc
other than that just use an external cd drive or buy one or borrow one from a friend or neighbor or just a random guy and use it
to install xp back on "using an oem xp disk for either home edition or pro"

or keep windows 7, did you know windows 7 is like xp in the background? anything that works with xp will work with 7!!! its awsome
just give it few weeks to get used to it. when xp was released nobody liked it in the first 1 year..look now everyone is in love with it

seektruthnow

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
Ok I must have sprinkled some stupid flakes on my cereal because I found an oem drive of about 4gigs that was labeled "o", but thats all i can figure out. are you saying if i borrow a disc for xp, install it, then i can reinstall my original asus stuff, drivers, etc? why. then. can't I do it with w 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.