why new icons appear on all user desktops??

July 17, 2005 10:05:49 PM

Dave Patrick Wrote:
> Run regedt32.exe and have a look at the Reg_Expand_Sz string values of
>
> "Desktop"
> found in
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell
> Folders
> (should be) %USERPROFILE%\Desktop
> and
>
> "Common Desktop"
> found in
> HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell
> Folders
> (should be) %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop
>
> Sound like they're pointing to the same place.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "kerry" wrote:
> |
> | When any of our 3 users adds an icon to their desktop, it appears on
> all
> | 3 desktops. And if any one of them deletes it, it vanishes from all
> | desktops. How do we make each desktop unique?
> |

> | --
> | kerry

Thanx, DAve, that's a little over my head...and you didn't say how to
fix it anyway. There must be some way for the man in the street to
make this happen.

Kerry :confused:

--
kerry

More about : icons user desktops

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 11:06:19 PM

If you're not comfortable editing the registry then get someone to help you
with this. You're smart to do nothing if you're not sure.

--

!