Jim

Not sure how to fix this...I emptied my "trash" and all of a sudden my
desktop wallpaper disappeared as well. All I have is the blue screen. All
of my icons are right where they should be, but no wallpaper. I've gone
into the desktop to select new wallpaper but nothing shows up. Any help is
appreciated!

Jim

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Jim wrote:
> Not sure how to fix this...I emptied my "trash" and all of a sudden my
> desktop wallpaper disappeared as well. All I have is the blue screen. All
> of my icons are right where they should be, but no wallpaper. I've gone
> into the desktop to select new wallpaper but nothing shows up. Any help is
> appreciated!
>
> Jim

Try running the edit on Kelly' site, line 195, "Restore Wallpaper Views"
at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm. See the top of the
page for information on running the edit.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

kelly

Thanks, Rock.

Hi Jim,

Have you renamed the recycle bin or using another measure? Either way, had
you run any cleaners before the empty process? Done any manual cleaning,
tweaks, etc? More info needed.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP

"Jim" <jmcconaughey@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> Not sure how to fix this...I emptied my "trash" and all of a sudden my
> desktop wallpaper disappeared as well. All I have is the blue screen.
> All of my icons are right where they should be, but no wallpaper. I've
> gone into the desktop to select new wallpaper but nothing shows up. Any
> help is appreciated!
>
> Jim

Jim

Hi Kelly,

Yes, I had cleaned out the Norton Recycle Bin, something that I've done
hundreds of times. But I do recall doing that just before the background
disappeared. Let me know what additional info you need, and thanks!

Jim

> Thanks, Rock.
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> Have you renamed the recycle bin or using another measure? Either way,
> had you run any cleaners before the empty process? Done any manual
> cleaning, tweaks, etc? More info needed.
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Jim" <jmcconaughey@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Not sure how to fix this...I emptied my "trash" and all of a sudden my
>> desktop wallpaper disappeared as well. All I have is the blue screen.
>> All of my icons are right where they should be, but no wallpaper. I've
>> gone into the desktop to select new wallpaper but nothing shows up. Any
>> help is appreciated!
>>
>> Jim

RalfSouthard

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
I tried the tweaks at "http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm" and my background wallpaper is selected, always has been. Through this tweak I've tried to change it, and it takes, but I still can't see it.

When I logon to my computer, I see my wallpaper for a moment then my desktop goes blue and the icons pop up just where they should... but no wallpaper. Not only that, but it appears this blue background has a "border" around it that I cannot grab.

I am free of all bugs, check on that every day with two full scans, updated as often as possible. I cannot make my background wallpaper appear. I can select it, assign it and see it in my Display Properties/Themes and Display Properties/Desktop dialogues windows, but all I see on my desktop is blue. Any other suggestions not already mentioned here?

Thanks

Ralf