Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Who do get my sound icon back

Last response: in Tom's Guide
March 28, 2010 9:02:06 PM

Hello,
i have no sound and my icon is gone please help me to fix my problem, thank you. pureinheart18@yahoo.com

More about : sound icon back

March 31, 2010 10:32:03 AM

Hello there. Go to START, SETTINGS, CONTROL PANEL, wait for it to load, LOOK FOR SPEAKER ICON AND CLICK IT. If you have sound controls on your keyboard, You can push the mute button since it is easy to accidentally mute your sound and pushing the mute button again usually toggles between mute and unmute. Hope this helps. Mechbook
March 31, 2010 5:42:33 PM

another thing is to check to see if your sound card is still being detected by windows. you do that by going into device manger.

for windows xp START-CONTROL PANEL-SYSTEM-HARDWARE TAB-DEVICE MANAGER

WINDOWS VISTA: START-CONTROL PANEL-SYSTEM ICON-click on device manger which is on the left side of the window that appears

Windows 7:START-CONTROL PANNEL-SYSTEM ICON-click on device manger which is on the left side of the window that appears

once in device manger look for something called sound,video, and game controllers. if you do not see anything like that look of icon in there that have exclamation marks or question marks on them and double click on them and see what it says

either way if there are any question or exclamation marks in device manager there is a problem
August 29, 2010 4:41:17 AM

This topic has been closed by Reynod
!