Sign in with
Your question

Samsung 2032BW Strange Behaviour

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 3, 2008 10:11:07 AM

Hi

I just bought the above mentioned monitor. Once I got hom I saw it had an ugly scratch so I exhchanged him right away. The new one has some strange things to. Half of the monitor seemes a little dulled down. You dont see this when it works, but it if's closed and you look from an angle it looks like half of the monitor is under a dark shadow. The second problem is, after one night of resting and I turned it back on, an very annyoing flicker takes place. You can see it only with the AUTO PATTERN display software, but in apps like Office and so on and games it is noticeable. The flicker dissapears as the monitor gets a little hotter I presume. 3 mins or so. The monitor runs under optimal temperature in my office. What should I do?

T.
February 4, 2008 4:54:16 PM

Sounds like the back lighting is failing or just not working properly. I'm no monitor expert though, so take that as you will. >_>
February 5, 2008 2:40:33 PM

I know its going be tough but try calling Samsung up. I know on the EGG people have mentioned problems and such. Looks like another RMA though.
!