About Bridge Network

July 18, 2005 2:30:33 PM

Hi I have one question about network bridge :

Since I have 2 different network segment
one
GW : 175.124.0.1
another one :
GW : 192.168.0.1

From my pc, I have install 2 network card to connect to GW
Howvever , when i create bridge between 2 network
it can only access 192.168.0.1 network while it cannot access 175.124.0.1
network .
how can do it ?

Thanks

More about : bridge network

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:30:34 PM

In article <OXw2tC0iFHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, "Tom"
<pclan@tomgroup.com> wrote:
>Hi I have one question about network bridge :
>
>Since I have 2 different network segment
>one
>GW : 175.124.0.1
>another one :
>GW : 192.168.0.1
>
>From my pc, I have install 2 network card to connect to GW
>Howvever , when i create bridge between 2 network
>it can only access 192.168.0.1 network while it cannot access 175.124.0.1
>network .
>how can do it ?
>
>Thanks

I'm sorry, but the Network Bridge can't do what you want. Its purpose
is to combine two physical network segments into one logical segment,
with all of the IP addresses on both segments in the same subnet. A
typical example is to combine a wired network and a wireless network.

A computer with two NICs should be able to access computers in both
segments, with no need for a bridge.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com