Realtek audio driver: audio management, more than one device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarletfury

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
I have two output devices, Logitech speaker set that came with my pc and a recently bought pair of sharkoon xtatic5.1s, My motherboard has 2 audio outputs, Coaxial and normal jacks, my problem is that my current piece of software Realtek audio manager doesn't recognize the fact taht i have the coaxil in, although im getting 5.1 sound through the hedset, the manager isnt allowing me to change any options or anything. A very confused post I must agree, but the question is this can I just change driver and continue and if so what software will allow me to do this. thanks :D

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Try updating your realtek driver. http://www.realtek.com.tw/

A very confused post I must agree, but the question is this can I just change driver and continue and if so what software will allow me to do this. thanks :D

Try using the Realtek manager and not the Windows audio manager.

fuzzyhotdog

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
GO HERE...control panel.......sounds and audio devices (create a shortcut for this you will need it from time to time)...........click audio tab at top.........sound plaback dropdown selection of all your devices....choose which one you want to use.....I think you gotta change it to reset something in windows or reinitialize a device or something. Took me a while to figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.