  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 18, 2005 1:08:04 AM

About two weeks ago my computer started shutting down. Today it refused to
even go past the Windows XP loading page freezing when the blue lines are
moving around. It works in safe mode, and when I did a log bootup the last
thing that came up was: Loaded driver
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Fastfat.SYS . Please help me, I need a computer,
Thanx.

More about : computer freezes bootup

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:19:42 PM

"skulmat" <skulmat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>About two weeks ago my computer started shutting down. Today it refused to
>even go past the Windows XP loading page freezing when the blue lines are
>moving around. It works in safe mode, and when I did a log bootup the last
>thing that came up was: Loaded driver
>\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Fastfat.SYS . Please help me, I need a computer,

I would check the hardware. Also see "Resources for Troubleshooting
Startup Problems in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308041).

--
(tm)