two local disk

July 18, 2005 1:08:06 AM

i have two local disks: local disk ( c ) and local disk ( D )...
i can't reformatt my compputer because local disk ( C ) don't have enough
space, how do i ease local disk ( D )??? i have 7.82mb on local disk ( C )
and 74.5gm on local disk ( D ).

thank you

More about : local disk

July 18, 2005 2:00:02 AM

jim wrote:

> i have two local disks: local disk ( c ) and local disk ( D )...
> i can't reformatt my compputer because local disk ( C ) don't have enough
> space, how do i ease local disk ( D )??? i have 7.82mb on local disk ( C )
> and 74.5gm on local disk ( D ).
>
> thank you

Sorry but you're post doesn't make much sense. The ability to format
and install XP doesn't have anything to do with the amount of free space
on the drive. Also what do you mean by "..how do i ease local disk ( D
).." ? Lastly what do you mean by 74.5gm?

What exactly do you want to do?

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

jim wrote:
> i have two local disks: local disk ( c ) and local disk ( D )...

Do you mean you have two seperate physical hard drives or do you have
one hard drive partitioned into two logical drives?

> i can't reformatt my compputer because local disk ( C ) don't have enough
> space, how do i ease local disk ( D )??? i have 7.82mb on local disk ( C )
> and 74.5gm on local disk ( D ).

If you are trying to reformat your C: drive from within windows you
can't you have to use a boot disk (floppy or bootable CD) but remember
reformatting will wipe out all the material on the disk you reformat.

The last part of your post does not make sense.

> thank you
Related resources
July 18, 2005 4:52:35 AM

Use BING to combine them and take it from there:

Bing - Boot It Next Generation
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/
--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have two local disks: local disk ( c ) and local disk ( D )...
> i can't reformatt my compputer because local disk ( C ) don't have enough
> space, how do i ease local disk ( D )??? i have 7.82mb on local disk ( C )
> and 74.5gm on local disk ( D ).
>
> thank you
July 18, 2005 8:35:57 PM

"" wrote:
> jim wrote:
>
> > i have two local disks: local disk ( c ) and local disk ( D
> )...
> > i can't reformatt my compputer because local disk ( C )
> don't have enough
> > space, how do i ease local disk ( D )??? i have 7.82mb on
> local disk ( C )
> > and 74.5gm on local disk ( D ).
> >

> thank you
>
> Sorry but you're post doesn't make much sense. The ability to
> format
> and install XP doesn't have anything to do with the amount of
> free space
> on the drive. Also what do you mean by "..how do i ease local
> disk ( D
> ).." ? Lastly what do you mean by 74.5gm?
>
> What exactly do you want to do?
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

I think what you are trying to do is format the c drive while windows
is running (asuming c is systemroot), while with good operrating
system this is quite posible with windows it is not posible, you will
have to use a xp install disk to format C, you should be able to
format D with out problems (again, this is asuming systemroot is C)

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-local-d...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1310419
July 19, 2005 2:32:01 AM

"GreenieLeBrun" wrote:

> jim wrote:
> > i have two local disks: local disk ( c ) and local disk ( D )...
>
> Do you mean you have two seperate physical hard drives or do you have
> one hard drive partitioned into two logical drives?

IS its one hard drive partitioned into two logical drives, now i want to
combine them together because Local Disk ( C:)  only have 7.82 MB and Local
Disk (D:)  have 74.5GB... sorry for the confusion thank you for helping out
July 19, 2005 4:49:15 PM

jim wrote:

> "GreenieLeBrun" wrote:
>

>>jim wrote:
>>
>>>i have two local disks: local disk ( c ) and local disk ( D )...
>>
>>Do you mean you have two seperate physical hard drives or do you have
>>one hard drive partitioned into two logical drives?
>>

> IS its one hard drive partitioned into two logical drives, now i want to
> combine them together because Local Disk ( C:)  only have 7.82 MB and Local
> Disk (D:)  have 74.5GB... sorry for the confusion thank you for helping out

There are no tools to do this non destructively in XP. Partition Magic
now from Symantec will do it, as will BootIT NG from Terabyte Unlimited.
That program has a 30 day full featured trial offer. Make sure you
have a full and complete backup of all important data in case something
goes wrong.

It can be done in XP destructively with a clean install. Boot from the
XP disc, delete both partitions and make one that fills the entire
drive, format and then install windows. You'll need to reinstall all
progams and windows updates, and restore data from backup.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

I'm amaze hoe did you make two local disk from 1 hard disk, does anyone know the answer?
!