Why does my Recycle Bin Icon keep moving?

Everytime I start my Win XP Home PC the Recycle bin moves from where I
place it. I move it to the top righthand corner and everytime I
restart my PC it's back on the left side.

Is there an option or setting to freeze it where I put it?

Thanks...

Father Guido wrote:
> Everytime I start my Win XP Home PC the Recycle bin moves from where I
> place it. I move it to the top righthand corner and everytime I
> restart my PC it's back on the left side.
>
> Is there an option or setting to freeze it where I put it?
>
> Thanks...

Right click on the desktop, got to Arrange Icns By and make sure that
Atoarange is NOT ticked.

kelly

Hi,

When you right click the Desktop in a blank space and select Arrange Icons
By, what do you have checked off there?

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Father Guido" <FG@SNL.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I start my Win XP Home PC the Recycle bin moves from where I
> place it. I move it to the top righthand corner and everytime I
> restart my PC it's back on the left side.
>
> Is there an option or setting to freeze it where I put it?
>
> Thanks...

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 00:45:55 -0500, "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote:

~Hi,
~
~When you right click the Desktop in a blank space and select Arrange
~Icons By, what do you have checked off there?

Kelly,

The only options I have checked are Align to Grid & Show Desktop
Icons.

Hope that gives you enough info to help. Thanks again!

Norm

On 17 Jul 2005 22:45:27 -0700, "GreenieLeBrun"
<GreenieLeBrun@hotmail.com> wrote:

~
~
~Father Guido wrote:
~> Everytime I start my Win XP Home PC the Recycle bin moves from
~> where I place it. I move it to the top righthand corner and
~> everytime I restart my PC it's back on the left side.
~>
~> Is there an option or setting to freeze it where I put it?
~>
~> Thanks...

~Right click on the desktop, got to Arrange Icns By and make sure that
~Atoarange is NOT ticked.

Hi,

Auto Arrange is NOT checked. What now?

Thanks,