Why does my Recycle Bin Icon keep moving?

Everytime I start my Win XP Home PC the Recycle bin moves from where I
place it. I move it to the top righthand corner and everytime I
restart my PC it's back on the left side.

Is there an option or setting to freeze it where I put it?

Thanks...
4 answers Last reply
More about recycle icon moving

    Father Guido wrote:
    > Everytime I start my Win XP Home PC the Recycle bin moves from where I
    > place it. I move it to the top righthand corner and everytime I
    > restart my PC it's back on the left side.
    >
    > Is there an option or setting to freeze it where I put it?
    >
    > Thanks...

    Right click on the desktop, got to Arrange Icns By and make sure that
    Atoarange is NOT ticked.

    Hi,

    When you right click the Desktop in a blank space and select Arrange Icons
    By, what do you have checked off there?

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Father Guido" <FG@SNL.com> wrote in message
    > Everytime I start my Win XP Home PC the Recycle bin moves from where I
    > place it. I move it to the top righthand corner and everytime I
    > restart my PC it's back on the left side.
    >
    > Is there an option or setting to freeze it where I put it?
    >
    > Thanks...

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 00:45:55 -0500, "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote:

    ~Hi,
    ~
    ~When you right click the Desktop in a blank space and select Arrange
    ~Icons By, what do you have checked off there?

    Kelly,

    The only options I have checked are Align to Grid & Show Desktop
    Icons.

    Hope that gives you enough info to help. Thanks again!

    Norm

    On 17 Jul 2005 22:45:27 -0700, "GreenieLeBrun"
    <GreenieLeBrun@hotmail.com> wrote:

    ~
    ~
    ~Father Guido wrote:
    ~> Everytime I start my Win XP Home PC the Recycle bin moves from
    ~> where I place it. I move it to the top righthand corner and
    ~> everytime I restart my PC it's back on the left side.
    ~>
    ~> Is there an option or setting to freeze it where I put it?
    ~>
    ~> Thanks...

    ~Right click on the desktop, got to Arrange Icns By and make sure that
    ~Atoarange is NOT ticked.

    Hi,

    Auto Arrange is NOT checked. What now?

    Thanks,