Is This Laptop Worth The Money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

micky007

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Hi,

I am going to buy a laptop and have my eyes set on 2-3. Im really interested in buying the laptop below as it looks to be a pretty good laptop in terms of Spec. Can you tell me if its worth the money buying it? Also it has a HD graphics card in there and also the laptop has a HDMI slot. If i connect my HD tv to the laptop through the HDMI cable and watch a HD film thats on the hard drive would it show up on the tv in HD? Also does a HDMI cable deliver sound too?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350235352888&_trksid=p2759.l1259

What do you guys think of it?

Thanks !

teeth_03

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Hell No.

1. Its the price of a new laptop to begin with

2. Intel IGP in a 17 inch laptop? I find this aspect somewhat pointless in something so big. You can get something brand new for around the same price with a decent ATI/Nvidia GPU in it. (least here in the States and using google currency converter)...

micky007

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Hi,

The laptop is brand new, Argos is a very very big named shop here in the UK like BestBuy over where you are in the USA. USA always have cheaper laptops/components for computers than what we do here in the UK. I contact Argos and they have said all that is wrong with the laptop is that the seal on the box is broken and a little damage to the box itself but nothing wrong with the laptop etc.. This would have been done by a customer bringing it item back for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.