Problem getting Halo working on my new PC

Hi. i havent been able to get Halo working on my new PC. First, when i tried
to play it, before anything came up i just got this Problem Initializing
direct3d error, and i looked on some sites and found that with some newer
computers you need to download the hotfix for it. so i did that and installed
it, but now when I open it, it just plays the intros and then freezes at the
end of the last intro, allthough I can still hear that its gotten into the
game. Like I can push up and down and can hear its the menu and I can even
enter the game and hear the starting movie, but just not see it. Does anyone
no what I can do to fix this?

Help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Ok, ive done that now. Its half fixed it. When I open Halo now, it goes past
the intros, but its all white and jittery, i go into the game and i can make
out white shapes and outlines and the sound still plays fine and i can look
around and see more white shapes and outlines. So how do i fix this?

Oh, and when installing DirectX, I open it and choose install, and when it
says something like 'Click next to install, it may take a few minutes' i
click it and it instantly says finished. So im thinkin maybe its not
installing it properly?

Hi Ikaru,

Have you gone through the troubleshooting steps in my last post?
If so, which chipset drivers did you install?

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User