Error Loading OS

For some reason, my system (WinXP SP2) after I've rebuilt it a couple
times already, it decided it doesn't want to boot up anymore. I'd get
the "Error Loading OS". It was working great for a few days. Then,
just suddenly while playing Battlefield 2, it froze and that was it.

I tried to Google for answers but, asides from doing yet another format
and fresh install, I've tried literally everything I've read: FixBoot,
FixMBR, FDISK /mbr, unplug and replug my HD cable. Nothing seems to
work. *The weird thing* is, if I boot w/ my WinXP CD, it boots normal.

Thanks for any suggestions you could share.
3 answers Last reply
More about error loading

    For someone who has built their own system, I cannot understand why you do not give more
    information, like:

    Can you boot into Safe Mode?

    If you can boot into Safe Mode, have you tried a System Restore from a Restore Point when
    the system did function? Have you done chkdsk, and sfc. Do you have a Firewall enabled?
    Have you checked your drive for trojans/adware/malware from Safe Mode? Have you checked
    your Boot.ini file to see if the info is correct?

    Or, if you are able to boot from the CD, did you try those things from that boot?
    If none of the above is a solution, and the problem is not being caused by failing
    hardware, you may be forced to do a Repair Install (Not a Clean Install):

    For a step by step walk through of a
    Windows XP Repair Install, including screenshots, go to:

    When the page opens, scroll down and click on: How To Run A Repair
    Install.

    --

    T.C.
    t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

    "Spawn666948" <spawn666948-stuff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > For some reason, my system (WinXP SP2) after I've rebuilt it a couple
    > times already, it decided it doesn't want to boot up anymore. I'd get
    > the "Error Loading OS". It was working great for a few days. Then,
    > just suddenly while playing Battlefield 2, it froze and that was it.
    >
    > I tried to Google for answers but, asides from doing yet another format
    > and fresh install, I've tried literally everything I've read: FixBoot,
    > FixMBR, FDISK /mbr, unplug and replug my HD cable. Nothing seems to
    > work. *The weird thing* is, if I boot w/ my WinXP CD, it boots normal.
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions you could share.

    You opt for a repair install.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Spawn666948 wrote:
    > For some reason, my system (WinXP SP2) after I've rebuilt it a couple
    > times already, it decided it doesn't want to boot up anymore. I'd get
    > the "Error Loading OS". It was working great for a few days. Then,
    > just suddenly while playing Battlefield 2, it froze and that was it.
    >
    > I tried to Google for answers but, asides from doing yet another format
    > and fresh install, I've tried literally everything I've read: FixBoot,
    > FixMBR, FDISK /mbr, unplug and replug my HD cable. Nothing seems to
    > work. *The weird thing* is, if I boot w/ my WinXP CD, it boots normal.
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions you could share.

    Ok, one thing I didn't try was setting the Bios settings. I tried the
    Optimized Defaults and had it refresh the ECSD settings. Now,
    everything is back to where it should be.

Windows XP