How to move settings from a domain account to a workgroup ..

Hello
How to move settings from my former domain account to my new workgroup
account? I changed participation of my computer from a domain to a workgroup
and I cannot login using my domain account any more to transfer settings. The
Documents and settings folder contains my domain account folder.
10 answers Last reply
More about move settings domain account workgroup

    Dima,

    I'm not positive but if you're an 'administrator' of the computer in
    question, can't you just 'copy & paste' the contents of your domain account
    folder into your new workgroup account? Worth a try.

    Drew

    "Dima" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > How to move settings from my former domain account to my new workgroup
    > account? I changed participation of my computer from a domain to a
    > workgroup
    > and I cannot login using my domain account any more to transfer settings.
    > The
    > Documents and settings folder contains my domain account folder.

    Thanks for your reply.
    It will ask me if I want to replace the existing contents. If I replace I
    can lose some existing useful settings. How to prevent losing existing
    setting of contents?
    "Drew Tognola" wrote:

    > Dima,
    >
    > I'm not positive but if you're an 'administrator' of the computer in
    > question, can't you just 'copy & paste' the contents of your domain account
    > folder into your new workgroup account? Worth a try.
    >
    > Drew
    >
    > "Dima" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > > How to move settings from my former domain account to my new workgroup
    > > account? I changed participation of my computer from a domain to a
    > > workgroup
    > > and I cannot login using my domain account any more to transfer settings.
    > > The
    > > Documents and settings folder contains my domain account folder.

    How to copy internet explorer bookmarks?

    "Drew Tognola" wrote:

    > Dima,
    >
    > I'm not positive but if you're an 'administrator' of the computer in
    > question, can't you just 'copy & paste' the contents of your domain account
    > folder into your new workgroup account? Worth a try.
    >
    > Drew
    >
    > "Dima" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > > How to move settings from my former domain account to my new workgroup
    > > account? I changed participation of my computer from a domain to a
    > > workgroup
    > > and I cannot login using my domain account any more to transfer settings.
    > > The
    > > Documents and settings folder contains my domain account folder.

    How to copy Outlook express news and outlook mail accounts, outlook mail rules?

    "Drew Tognola" wrote:

    > Dima,
    >
    > I'm not positive but if you're an 'administrator' of the computer in
    > question, can't you just 'copy & paste' the contents of your domain account
    > folder into your new workgroup account? Worth a try.
    >
    > Drew
    >
    > "Dima" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > > How to move settings from my former domain account to my new workgroup
    > > account? I changed participation of my computer from a domain to a
    > > workgroup
    > > and I cannot login using my domain account any more to transfer settings.
    > > The
    > > Documents and settings folder contains my domain account folder.

    You have to log in as a 3rd party then copy everything from your old profile
    to your new one except 2 files, user.dat and ntuser.dat. You can also do it
    from system properties>advanced>user profiles but that takes a long time to
    complete.

    "Dima" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message
    > Thanks for your reply.
    > It will ask me if I want to replace the existing contents. If I replace I
    > can lose some existing useful settings. How to prevent losing existing
    > setting of contents?
    > "Drew Tognola" wrote:
    >
    >> Dima,
    >>
    >> I'm not positive but if you're an 'administrator' of the computer in
    >> question, can't you just 'copy & paste' the contents of your domain
    >> account
    >> folder into your new workgroup account? Worth a try.
    >>
    >> Drew
    >>
    >> "Dima" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hello
    >> > How to move settings from my former domain account to my new workgroup
    >> > account? I changed participation of my computer from a domain to a
    >> > workgroup
    >> > and I cannot login using my domain account any more to transfer
    >> > settings.
    >> > The
    >> > Documents and settings folder contains my domain account folder.

    Thanks for your reply.
    How to make sure that useful settings in my current profile will not be
    overwritten?
    There is not my former domain profile, but only 2 "Account Unknown" and 3
    Local profiles in the system properties>advanced>user profiles. Which to
    choose?
    The "Copy to" commant is not available for the "Account Unknown" profiles.
    There is not a domain
    "pcbutts1" wrote:

    > You have to log in as a 3rd party then copy everything from your old profile
    > to your new one except 2 files, user.dat and ntuser.dat. You can also do it
    > from system properties>advanced>user profiles but that takes a long time to
    > complete.

    > "Dima" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message
    > > Thanks for your reply.
    > > It will ask me if I want to replace the existing contents. If I replace I
    > > can lose some existing useful settings. How to prevent losing existing
    > > setting of contents?
    > > "Drew Tognola" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Dima,
    > >>
    > >> I'm not positive but if you're an 'administrator' of the computer in
    > >> question, can't you just 'copy & paste' the contents of your domain
    > >> account
    > >> folder into your new workgroup account? Worth a try.
    > >>
    > >> Drew
    > >>
    > >> "Dima" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    That's why you have to do it manually. It will only overwrite the files and
    folders with the same name. What useful settings are you talking about?
    Check out this link for more info http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

    > Thanks for your reply.
    > How to make sure that useful settings in my current profile will not be
    > overwritten?
    > There is not my former domain profile, but only 2 "Account Unknown" and 3
    > Local profiles in the system properties>advanced>user profiles. Which to
    > choose?
    > The "Copy to" commant is not available for the "Account Unknown" profiles.
    > There is not a domain
    > "pcbutts1" wrote:
    >
    >> You have to log in as a 3rd party then copy everything from your old
    >> profile
    >> to your new one except 2 files, user.dat and ntuser.dat. You can also do
    >> it
    >> from system properties>advanced>user profiles but that takes a long time
    >> complete.
    >>
    >> --

    >> "Dima" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message
    >> > Thanks for your reply.
    >> > It will ask me if I want to replace the existing contents. If I replace
    >> > can lose some existing useful settings. How to prevent losing existing
    >> > setting of contents?

    Outlook rules and others. Does the copying transfer all the setting that
    Windows Transfer Wizard Transfers?

    "pcbutts1" wrote:

    > That's why you have to do it manually. It will only overwrite the files and
    > folders with the same name. What useful settings are you talking about?
    > Check out this link for more info http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

    > "Dima" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message
    > > Thanks for your reply.
    > > How to make sure that useful settings in my current profile will not be
    > > overwritten?
    > > There is not my former domain profile, but only 2 "Account Unknown" and 3
    > > Local profiles in the system properties>advanced>user profiles. Which to
    > > choose?
    > > The "Copy to" commant is not available for the "Account Unknown" profiles.
    > > There is not a domain
    > > "pcbutts1" wrote:
    > >
    > >> You have to log in as a 3rd party then copy everything from your old
    > >> profile
    > >> to your new one except 2 files, user.dat and ntuser.dat. You can also do
    > >> it
    > >> from system properties>advanced>user profiles but that takes a long time
    > >> complete.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>

    > >> The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    > >> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
    > >> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
    > >> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
    > >>

    > >> "Dima" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message

    The copying transfers everything.

    > Outlook rules and others. Does the copying transfer all the setting that
    > Windows Transfer Wizard Transfers?
    >
    > "pcbutts1" wrote:
    >
    >> That's why you have to do it manually. It will only overwrite the files
    >> and
    >> folders with the same name. What useful settings are you talking about?
    >> Check out this link for more info
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151
    >>
    >> --

    >> "Dima" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message
    >> > Thanks for your reply.
    >> > How to make sure that useful settings in my current profile will not be
    >> > overwritten?
    >> > There is not my former domain profile, but only 2 "Account Unknown" and
    >> > 3
    >> > Local profiles in the system properties>advanced>user profiles. Which
    >> > choose?
    >> > The "Copy to" commant is not available for the "Account Unknown"
    >> > profiles.
    >> > There is not a domain

    Thanks pcbutts1!

    "pcbutts1" wrote:

    > The copying transfers everything.

    > "Dima" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message
    > > Outlook rules and others. Does the copying transfer all the setting that
    > > Windows Transfer Wizard Transfers?
    > >
    > > "pcbutts1" wrote:
    > >
    > >> That's why you have to do it manually. It will only overwrite the files
    > >> and
    > >> folders with the same name. What useful settings are you talking about?
    > >> Check out this link for more info
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>

    > >> The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    > >> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
    > >> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
    > >> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
    > >>

    > >> "Dima" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message

Domain Microsoft Windows XP