failure to recover from hibernation after Windows update

July 18, 2005 7:12:02 AM

My laptop is set up to auromatically download and install updates from
Microsoft.

After the last update on 13th July it has failed to restart from hibernation
and has to be switched off and on again.

Has anyone any suggestions?

It is running XP Professional SP2
It is a Sony PCG-FR315S with 1GB Memeory.
--
JamesT
Anonymous

Update drivers.Visit the manufacturer's website and download,install the
latest drivers.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

JamesT wrote:

> My laptop is set up to auromatically download and install updates from
> Microsoft.
>
> After the last update on 13th July it has failed to restart from hibernation
> and has to be switched off and on again.
>
> Has anyone any suggestions?
>
> It is running XP Professional SP2
> It is a Sony PCG-FR315S with 1GB Memeory.
July 18, 2005 8:09:36 PM

I Have checked with the Sony website and my drivers are all up to date.

What now?

Why should a proper Windows update break a running machine?

Do Microsoft check these updates before they thrust them on the public?
--
JamesT

!