Sign in with
Your question

USB mouse troubles

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 23, 2008 10:44:57 AM

Hi,
some time ago I switched from a ps2 mouse to a trust MI-2540D usb mouse, but when I started using it I noticed it sometimes freezes the cursor on screen for one secont or two then it works again. It happens randomly every few seconds/minutes and while the cursor is frozen, even the buttons input is not detected by the pc. I already tried to remove the old mouse from the peripheral list and restart, no way.
My pc is an athlon xp 2600+ on nforce2 based asus a7n8x-x, os xp sp2 always updated. I don't have viruses or malware of any kind.
Can someone please help me?
Thanks in advance!

More about : usb mouse troubles

March 13, 2008 3:21:01 PM

Have the same problem. It's extremely frustrating. Can someone please help me. I had Logitech MX310 mouse on PS2 adapter and worked fine but unfortunately wheel sensor went ballistic so I bought Trust MI-2540D mice and when I plug it in USB slot (any of the 6 I have) it freezes a little bit till 1 minute then it goes frozen solid. Any idea? Does some other periphereal device driver bothers him? My configuration is CPU is AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+, MBO is ALiveNF6G-DVI, HDD is Seagate ST3320620AS (298 GB), GPU is Leadtek NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (256 MB), MEM is Kingmax DDR2 800MHz 2GB, BIOS is AMI (09/26/06), monitor is
Monitor Philips 200WS, DVD device is _NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A. Once again, please help!

Anonymous
February 19, 2009 8:46:26 PM

Yeah, I had the same problem with the same mouse. I e-mailed Trust helpdesk, who told me to remove the drivers for my previous mouse, because they were causing software conflicts. I did it, and it works great. Hope this helps.
Anonymous
February 19, 2009 8:46:57 PM

Yeah, I had the same problem with the same mouse. I e-mailed Trust helpdesk, who told me to remove the drivers for my previous mouse, because they were causing software conflicts. I did it, and it works great. Hope this helps.
!