Sign in with
Your question

How do I install a rabbit tv transmitter

Tags:
Last response: in Other Consumer Electronics
November 3, 2009 7:58:04 PM

I bought a RABBIT tv transmitter on ebay but it has no instructions. How do I hook-up the transmitter and what chanel do I use? Hope you can help me.

Thanks
August 4, 2011 4:07:38 PM

jilsie said:
I bought a RABBIT tv transmitter on ebay but it has no instructions. How do I hook-up the transmitter and what chanel do I use? Hope you can help me.

Thanks

Hello,
Sorry I can't help with installation but I too have a Rabbit TV transmitter and receiver. I hope you have found out what to do with yours by now and can pass the information on to me?

Regards,
Verne.
m
l
March 24, 2013 12:56:13 PM

jilsie said:

Thanks

Basically what you do is plug it into a computer and run the installer that comes up. But..... I wouldn't recommend it. All it does is give you links to websites that have streaming videos. They aren't really "channels," so it isn't like you're watching TV. It's basically the same as Hulu. You can see videos that networks uploaded to their website, but not the actual channel. So for instance, when it says "NFL Network," it's talking about the video clips that are available to watch for free by going to NFL.com. No major network streams its channel live on the internet. So, you can't use it to watch CBS, NBC or any other channel. In all honesty, when you "install" what's on the USB stick, it basically sends you to their website. So, there's really no technical reason they need to sell you a USB stick to install software, when the whole shebang is run from their website (much like Hulu). The only thing I can think is that it's a marketing ploy. You see this item on a shelf in the store and you think it's some kind of transmitter or whatever like the magic jack thing. Anyone who's internet-savvy enough to actually stumble upon their website, they're most likely using YouTube or Hulu or Netflix to watch stuff online. So, I guess packaging a USB stick in plastic and hanging it on a shelf in the mall is just a clever way to get yourself in front of customers. Sorry, you got bamboozled.
m
l
!