Double Later DVD+R what to do???

July 18, 2005 10:09:01 AM

Ok, I just bought a Dell coputer with Windows XP, and it came with windows
media center 2005. I went out and bought memorex double layer DVD+R single
sided DVD's, with 8.5GB, 240 min, and 2.4X. I have a dual layer DVD burner,
so that is not the problem, but my problem is that I cannot figure out how to
format the DVD so that it will burn. I cannot burn anything on these DVD's,
and I dont konw why....help?

More about : double dvd

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 11:52:59 AM

Windows XP's built in burning software can not burn to DVD as it can to CD.
You will need third party software. There are freeware and retail options.
This is a good freeware option http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"CubsFan" <CubsFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I just bought a Dell coputer with Windows XP, and it came with windows
> media center 2005. I went out and bought memorex double layer DVD+R
> single
> sided DVD's, with 8.5GB, 240 min, and 2.4X. I have a dual layer DVD
> burner,
> so that is not the problem, but my problem is that I cannot figure out how
> format the DVD so that it will burn. I cannot burn anything on these
> DVD's,
> and I dont konw why....help?
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:55:31 PM