Double Later DVD+R what to do???

Ok, I just bought a Dell coputer with Windows XP, and it came with windows
media center 2005. I went out and bought memorex double layer DVD+R single
sided DVD's, with 8.5GB, 240 min, and 2.4X. I have a dual layer DVD burner,
so that is not the problem, but my problem is that I cannot figure out how to
format the DVD so that it will burn. I cannot burn anything on these DVD's,
and I dont konw why....help?
2 answers Last reply
More about double

    Windows XP's built in burning software can not burn to DVD as it can to CD.
    You will need third party software. There are freeware and retail options.
    This is a good freeware option http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "CubsFan" <CubsFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, I just bought a Dell coputer with Windows XP, and it came with windows
    > media center 2005. I went out and bought memorex double layer DVD+R
    > single
    > sided DVD's, with 8.5GB, 240 min, and 2.4X. I have a dual layer DVD
    > burner,
    > so that is not the problem, but my problem is that I cannot figure out how
    > format the DVD so that it will burn. I cannot burn anything on these
    > DVD's,
    > and I dont konw why....help?

    Welcome to Memorex Support
    http://www.memorex.com/html/support.php

    Welcome to Dell Support
    http://support.dell.com/home.aspx

    Welcome to Dell Community Forums
    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "CubsFan" wrote:

    | Ok, I just bought a Dell coputer with Windows XP, and it came with windows
    | media center 2005. I went out and bought memorex double layer DVD+R single
    | sided DVD's, with 8.5GB, 240 min, and 2.4X. I have a dual layer DVD burner,
    | so that is not the problem, but my problem is that I cannot figure out how to
    | format the DVD so that it will burn. I cannot burn anything on these DVD's,
    | and I dont konw why....help?

DVD Windows XP