Sign in with
Your question

Need help in choosing a laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 21, 2009 1:26:52 AM

I have no clue what to buy so I want to narrow the choices available in the market. Hope you could help. Any and all help is appreciated.

1_What is your budget?

around $600+
(to be converted into Philippine Peso- on a tight budget, but willing to squeeze pocket if needed)

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

around 13"+

3_What screen resolution do you want?

good enough for photo editing (Photoshop), and basic animation

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

portable, lightest weight possible as proportioned with other features

5_How much battery life do you need?

at least 3 hours

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

online games (in facebook- I guess that doesn’t require much, so low- med)

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)

video and photo editing, animation, playing music, watching movies, surfing the web, research, school stuff…

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

around 150 - 200+GB

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

would buy from a store

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

4years to as long as possible

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.

DDR3 memory, WLAN, Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® - planning to apply in school soon so I need to have internet access on the go

Comes in a wide array of colors (red or white preferably)- last option to look into

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Acer-due to tight budget, but if there are other brands I’m still open for it. I just hope it’s available in my country.

13_What country do you live in?

Philippines

thanks for the help :) 

More about : choosing laptop

a c 244 D Laptop
August 21, 2009 9:13:04 AM

First of all don't think about DDR3 for 2 reasons:
1_With your budget u can't get a DDR3 notebook
2_The difference between DDR2 and DDR3 isn't much.

Here is the best think u can afford,its pretty hard to find a 13" model with that price really:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can...
August 21, 2009 1:56:27 PM

guess that just shows how little i know bout computers. thanks for the link.
a c 244 D Laptop
August 22, 2009 6:53:48 AM

No that doesn't mean that :)  i just wanted to inform u that don't worry about DDR3 much since the difference between DDR2 and DDR3 isn't big :) 
!