AWI Regimental Commanders - How did they go into battle?

I have recenly seen pictures of a very Nice Napoleonic miniatures collection
that had all the Regimental commanders on horseback. This made me wonder - did
regeimental commanders in the British, Hessian, Continental and Militia forces
go into battle on horseback too or did just the Generals have horses on tha
battlefield?

Thanks,

Mike

It was usual for all comapny officers ( captains, lieutenants and
ensigns) to be on foot, and field grade officers (majors and above)
to be on horseback in all armies.