Upgrading my Dell Inspiron 530

jay05

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
I'm planning on upgrading my Dell I530.
I just bought the antec 902 and I'm planning on getting the i7-950, ddr 3 ram (triple channel) and an extra gtx 470 to sli my current one. I was wondering if you could recommend me a motherboard that I can use with this build?

I currently have a Dell Inspiron 530 with the following specs:
Q9300
6GB DDR2
EVGA GTX 470
Antec 750W blue

I was thinking about moving all my dell components until I order my parts. (CPU, RAM, Mobo) Do you think I will have an issue with this? On the antec 902 there are 2 2-pin cables for the power switch and reset button switch and I'm not sure where that would go on the dell motherboard. It seems like the dell has a bunch of slots of a 7 pin cable. (rectangular with 1 pin missing)

Thanks for your help.

jay05

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
I was thinking about moving all my dell components until I order my parts. (CPU, RAM, Mobo) Do you think I will have an issue with this?

Yes, you will encounter some issue regarding with your order parts...Because some times it is not compatible for some...

"On the antec 902 there are 2 2-pin cables for the power switch and reset button switch and I'm not sure where that would go on the dell motherboard. It seems like the dell has a bunch of slots of a 7 pin cable. (rectangular with 1 pin missing) "

Do you know a way around this? I think the dell's connector for the power buttons are put together with the other front panel ports (usb 2.0, esata, all in one (sd etc) card reader, etc) as one 7 pin cable.

jay05

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
1.) are you trying to keep the Dell Inspiron 530 case.?
2.) moving all components until moving parts... WHAT.? i'm confused on what your saying.
3.) did you physically inspect/research your motherboard before buying the Antec, is it even compatible.?

Hi,
I'm thinking of using my Antec 902 with my Dell components until black friday because that is when I'm planning to buy the rest of the computer hardware for it as I mentioned in my OP. I'm just really confused about the 2 pin power switch and 2 pin reset switch cable(front panel of the antec 902). I have no clue where that goes on my dell motherboard if I move the dell motherboard. I tried looking at the manual but it isn't very helpful. The dell motherboard fits inside the antec 902.