This MSI must be installed through setup!

Hi, I have Windows XP SP2 and when I open any Office 2003 program it says
preparing to install then a message comes up saying This MSI must be
installed through setup. It does this another 2 times. What is going on?
--
Thanks
Rhys Thomas

"paduarhys" <daf@DELETETHIStbay100.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi, I have Windows XP SP2 and when I open any Office 2003 program it says
> preparing to install then a message comes up saying This MSI must be
> installed through setup. It does this another 2 times. What is going on?
> --
> Thanks
> Rhys Thomas

In the control panel -> add/remove programs there should be an option to
change the MS Office installation. Click on change then pick the repair
option. You may need your Office CD to do this.

Kerry

paduarhys,
Have a look here to fix your missing MSI files;
'Locate missing .msi files'
(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011185721033.aspx)
Looks pretty simple.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

Ex New Yorker

Repair Office 2003.
1.In Windows Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs.
2. In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Office 2003, and
then click Change. Microsoft Office 2003 Setup starts in maintenance mode.
3. Click Reinstall or Repair, and then click Next.
4. Click "Detect and Repair errors in my Office installation", and then
click Install.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP