Sign in with
Your question

Corrupted sd card

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 1, 2010 11:12:50 PM

After successfully taking many pictures on my Kodak Z1015IS digital camera and downloading them to my computer just fine.
I purchased a new 4 GB new SD card and took a bunch of pictures that are not recognized by my computer? Computer says they are ".VFS files" (instead of JPG pictures). Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?
jntuck@embarqmail.com....Thanks Jim T

More about : corrupted card

January 5, 2010 9:29:18 AM

.VFS files are just file system information files. Do you see only .VFS files. Do you see any .KDC files. KDC is the kodac raw format files.

Also can u confirm if 4GB memory card is supported by the camera. If the card is SDHC you may need a SDHC reader to read the files.

Let us know!!

m
l
January 24, 2010 8:47:10 PM

i had this problem.
buy a SDHC card reader.

you might still get a message stating that the files are damage and windows needs to fix them. but if you press skip or just X the message you will get your images.
m
l
Related resources
February 4, 2010 12:05:46 PM

First you should confirm if your digital camera is supported by a 4gb sd card.
then make sure that the storage destination of your images is in the SD card
or visit these site for more information http://dslr-review.org.
m
l
Anonymous
December 9, 2010 5:51:05 AM

I'll suggest you try some photo recovery software to recover your images first, then decide what to do nest,
Best regards
m
l
August 16, 2012 8:00:28 AM

Damaged SD card is the common SD card problem of the digital camera users. Generally SD card becomes corrupt due to accidental shut down. Your photos may become inaccessible when it happens. you might have to face critical photo loss condition. In order to recover damaged Sd card photos you would have to use Photo Recovery Mac third party tool. Some days back I got same condition while transferring photos. In that case i Download this free photo recovery software and recovers lost photos. Easy user guide helped me a lot to retrieve deleted and damaged photos. http://www.macphotosrecovery.***

m
l
February 1, 2013 11:16:52 PM

Well in case when you are looking for your lost images over your corrupted SDHC card then you should try the photo recovery on your memory card. To recover photos from SDHC card there is no further substitute of this tool. To try it you need to download the software first.
m
l
March 14, 2013 10:40:03 PM

Well! Generally, in your case, no matter whether it is corrupted or not, you are supposed to connect it to a computer or laptop via a card Reader and download a free data recovery tool to see whether your pictures or files are recoverable.
You could restore all your pictures back for free with the help of a free memory card recovery tool, if this SD card is only logically corrupted. (Don’t worry! This freeware has ever retrieved all the photos back of my brother from a Samsung phone card. I trust it will help you out.)You also could fix this SD card by reformatting it.
But, if this SD card is mechanically corrupted, you should consult a data recovery company as soon as possible. And the SD card also should be replaced.
In the future, you should learn a lesson to make data backups all the time.
m
l
!