Why doesnt Windows 7 recognize two of my hard drives?

edokie

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
My motherboard is ASUS P6X58D Premium, Intel i7 920 2.67Htz, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Hard drives: C:\ WD Caviar RE2WD500YS, WD1002FAEX 64mb cache, 3rd drive is 1TBWD1002FAEX 32mb cache, and 4th drive is: 1TB WD1001FALS-00J7B0 32mb cache.
When I click on My Comuter in Windows 7, it does not see hard drives #3, and #4 but it does see the C:\ drive that is a 500GB WD drive and the first 1TB WD hard drive. Drives #3 and #4 are not seen by Windows. Western Digital Data LifeGuard Diagnostics
(DLGDIAG) sees all four drives but the SMART status of drives #3 & #4 say: Not Available. I can run a Quick Test on drives #3 & #4 and they pass the Quick Test but it won't run the other WD tests for drives #3 & #4. Can anyone tell me how to get
Windows 7 to recognize my two last drives? :( :(

If they are on a different sata controller than the other drives, then make sure the drive controller is enabled in the bios. Check disk management and see if the drives show up there. If so, you may need to initialise these two drives (partition & format). Once the drives are assigned drive letters they should show up in windows properly.