EXPERT HELP NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael73

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
Hello,
I need the TOM'S expert opinions ,i am needing to upgrade my mid tower , my realistic , must have items are =upgradeable case,extra power,solid state HD , lightning speed, novice gammer , latest in RAM , CPU , MOTHERBOARD-YOUR OPINIONS ON what well you get the idea what i'm looking for now here is where i need expertS for sure WHO BUILDS IT , WHERE WILL I FIND IT AND PRICES TO LOOK FOR==YES I'M SERIOUS PLEASE HELP THANKS

Solution
Dude, you need to get onto newegg.com and tigerdirect.com and start looking up the parts that you need.
WHO BUILDS IT: You
PRICES: Internet, go shop around

This is Tom's, everything that you need to know about building your first computer has already been published here. Go take a peek at the System Builder Marathon September 2010 articles, they are a wealth of knowledge for the first timer.

For starters, you know you need:
case
mobo
cpu
ram
gpu
psu
hdd

So now think of what your budget would be and start to piece a computer together on newegg.com, make a public wish list with what you chose and post that up here for suggestions and tips.

schm1tty

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Dude, you need to get onto newegg.com and tigerdirect.com and start looking up the parts that you need.
WHO BUILDS IT: You
PRICES: Internet, go shop around

This is Tom's, everything that you need to know about building your first computer has already been published here. Go take a peek at the System Builder Marathon September 2010 articles, they are a wealth of knowledge for the first timer.

For starters, you know you need:
case
mobo
cpu
ram
gpu
psu
hdd

So now think of what your budget would be and start to piece a computer together on newegg.com, make a public wish list with what you chose and post that up here for suggestions and tips.

Solution

michael73

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
:pt1cable: Thanks for all your advice , i thought someone might be thinking on the lines that with solid state rushing the market computers already built without SD would get dirt cheap , maybe GOD forbid cheaper than a man could build one . What does everyone think about that . Again THANKS

schm1tty

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Meh, imho solid state drives are not a good option for the average consumer. If you plan on spending at least a thousand dollars on a beast system that will tear up game load times then a SSD might be worth looking into, but otherwise they are just not economical...for now.

michael73

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
:

:pt1cable: hey smitty , just looking at rigs with cpu-i3-=15 etc and amds-,2 and 4 gig ram etc. for 500$ with warranty i mean yea my dream is to be able to pick and choose each component with a one of signature mine but hech with what little i know i see some fast,dependable ,upgradeable rigs for the money and ok some 3 year throw away also , i just have to keep in mind this old dell optiplex gx 280 could crash and burn any day, i know so can all of them just got to look at my options to be back up and running as fast as possible on a poor man budget and kick me around all you want i respect the honesty seeya

schm1tty

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Yeah, warranty can be an issue but all components do have warranties with them. If you have someone local that can help you build the computer, go for it, otherwise you might just want to start tearing your Dell apart and back together so you can get accustomed to handling and installing computer parts until you feel comfortable with the parts.

Post a link to the computers that you are looking at.

michael73

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010

Howdy Schmitty, i opened up the old DELL GX280 and she ain't stock no more . i bought her used and she only had 1 stick of 512 RAM well you know i ran out of room real quick. I asked the old boy i bought her from what's wrong, long story short he put another unmatched 512 in her and i found TOM''S and found out with ya'lls help i could put 2 matched 1gigs in her and whuuuweee, heck fire i can have GOOGLE EARTH now and i can have 3 windows open at the same time man some difference. I still have problems but next with help i'm going to try to quiet the old girl down some. I think the jelly on top the CPU with age has dried out n need to put some new , you think that will help, guess it won't hurt unless i=====short something out in the process. What do you think is it something worth messing with ? I'll wait to hear something from ya'll and guess it's back to school to get it figured out THANKS,AND GOD BLESS

Status
Not open for further replies.