Sign in with
Your question

Laptop Purchase Suggestions

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 22, 2009 6:37:34 PM

Hey guys, Im looking for some laptop suggestions. Question answers below.:) 

1_What is your budget?
Between €1,200-€1,500

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Im looking for something which is comfortable to use - so 15inch or even 17inch would suit me.

3_What screen resolution do you want?
1680x1050 or there abouts, not hugely fussy.

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement - not a huge issue though.

5_How much battery life do you need?
Three hours or more.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I would like to be able to play Team Fotress 2, Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3 and Company of Heroes on decent settings, medium-high if possible but I am not hugely fussy as long as I do not need to endure a slideshow.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
Surfing the web, listening to music and movies.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
Preferably something bigger than 250GB with no need for greater than 500GB - a portable HD would be an option for music and the like down the line.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
I have been browsing:
www.dell.ie
www.komplett.ie
www.overclockers.co.uk

Having to purchase from another site is not an issue at all.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Two years or so, preferably three.

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
I will need wireless capabilities, and I would preferably like a Quad Core system. I think to be future safe I would like 4GB Ram but Im open to other suggestions. I would like to use Windows Vista . . . as far as I am aware new copies of Vista will include an upgrade coupon for Windows 7 so down the line I may be using Windows 7.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't really have any preferred brands at all - as long as the system offers performance and good quality hardware I am happy.

13_What country do you live in?
Ireland

Thanks all in advance!:) 
August 24, 2009 2:30:43 AM

Why no suggestions for this guy? Seems like he gave all the information quite nicely :) 
a b D Laptop
August 24, 2009 3:53:52 AM

I don't know any manufacturers that ship or exist in Ireland. Live in the states.
Related resources
August 24, 2009 4:48:23 AM

Thanks for the replies!:) 

To be honest, any details on any systems from a UK site would do perfectly.
!