Windows 7 won't boot, start up repair doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzero1134

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Hello,

I've had an ongoing war with my PC for four days now. I have Windows 7 and it refuses to start up. Originally I tried starting up normal, it gave me two choices: system repair or start as normal. If I chose normal it would show the windows logo then reset. If I chose repair it would turn black for several minutes, then go to a blue screen for several minutes and wouldn't move past that. So i tried to boot from CD. I have the option of installing windows or repair. I chose repair, once again it goes to the blue screen and nothing happens (and I've left it on this blue screen a good 15 min mind you.) Finally I submitted and decided to just re-install windows. it goes to the starting setup... and sits there indefinably. I don't know what else to try I'm all out of options, please help!

xzero1134

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
I don't know the first thing about the guts of the PC. Ugh I hate to just take it someone, is there a way I can format it before it start up? If that'll even fix it... if it's an internal problem like that I dont even know where to begin

Guiseppe Curtius

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
same problem here. What is most frustrating is that the option to boot into CD-ROM to reinstall or to repair using the Windows 7 DVD is not working, nor System Restore through the Startup repair. Nothing is working except to enter BIOS. It seems that this is a hack job not our fault My hardware and software are basically the same as when this PC was built by myself in 2012. Only updates to hardware and software are installed from Microsoft and reputable companies for antivirus and malware.
cnet has softwares that contain malware found by Malwarebytes. It is diffficult to tell what link to click on cnet when using good software, because cnet mixes several links on the same page. I have had to remove too much junk while trying to make things work well.

foghornn

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014

Unplug all external devices and try it again. I just had the same shocking problem today. Windows 7 wouldn't boot, and the start up repair just stayed on "loading files." In a last ditch effort, I unplugged all extraneous devices -- in my case the flash drives and the Internet cable, turned off and restarted, and Windows booted up just fine, no problem!! HUGE sigh of relief! I realize this is by no means a widely applicable solution, but it worked for me. I've about decided to jump to Apple before run out of luck and Windows totally quits working. The repair shop is backed up 7 days, and their main solution is to reinstall Windows, which means I LOSE all my programs and have to go purchase them again (because I don't have the original disks...). Not a happy thought!

Guiseppe Curtius

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

Guiseppe Curtius

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
My failed Windows 7 Home Premium was installed on a OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 256MB. I unplugged it from the docking station at the top of my Thermaltake BlacX 9 chassis. My system has a Hitachi HDD slave drive with an original Win XP that did not boot. However I was able to reinstall the WinXP from the disc so my PC is working. However there is still a blue screen that shuts down the PC, but it restarts and boots up ok. The blue screens popped up when I had tried the Startup Repair and then froze at the blues. Since the blue screen is shutting down the PC with a reboot, it seems to me that there may be a hardware issue such as a failed memory chip of four modules that I need to test. If that helps I will notify you. Otherwise I wonder if any Microsoft and other tech software updates could be to blame for the failing Windows 7 OS? Or is there a hacker going around assaulting our PCs? Viruses, trojans, worms???? Remote invasions?? Aliens???

Guiseppe Curtius

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Using my WD TV Live media player with my SmartTV I found many Windows Startup Repair video solutions on YouTube. Some are complicated using Command Prompts and software that must be downloaded to USB flash drives and/or CD discs that are also often a part of those solutions. You need a second computer to do this. Transferring my whole Windows 7 Home Premium disc to a flash drive and then setting BIOS to USB-CD first boot, then CD-ROM second, then Hard Drive third was how I was able to reinstall my older Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 to my slave drive. Somehow the combo of Win7 on the FD and the WinXP disc in the tray helped to get to reinstalled WinXP successfully. I really don't know how it worked to do that!!!
Windows 7 Home Premium is on the master OCZ Vertex 4 SSD drive that won't Startup Repair, going into the blue screens that freeze. I have to check memory modules, and then try to boot up the OCZ SSD w Win 7. It is all a tiresome process to do this.
My best solution is to own more than one PC/laptop if you must get online so the repair can wait. I own four desktops and one laptop. Two desktops are not working. Consider buying a cheap PC/laptop rather than spending money on costly repair techs.

DJ_Raven

Reputable
May 15, 2014

I had this same exact thing happen to me in November. I called HP and they ran some tests. The HDD was gone. you got what most people refer to as "Blue Screen of Death" meaning your HDD is toast. I had to buy a new HDD and install it along with Windows 7 installation.

DKTBubbles

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014
i have the same problem to...it was a USB driver, it wasn't compatible with my computer..i accidentally installed it without knowing about what's going to happen..help me pls..

duriyudha

Reputable
Jul 23, 2014

Hello.
I think Its happen to me twice. However I'm found a fix. Hope it fix your problem.

Start your computer and press
F8 repeatedly.

Choose Repair Your Computer
(Remember: see for windows file directory cause on my problem its moved to D:)

Select COMMAND PROMPT

Use one of this code

Hello.
I think Its happen to me twice. However I'm found a fix. Hope it fix your problem.

Start your computer and press
F8 repeatedly.

Choose Repair Your Computer
(Remember: see for windows file directory cause on my problem its moved to D:)

Select COMMAND PROMPT

Use one of this code and restart, if its happen again, try another code

bootsect.exe /nt60 YOUR WINDOWS DISK

bootsect.exe /nt60 all

bootrec.exe/fixmbr

bootrec.exe/fixboot

If all codes have entered and problem still there, then you must reinstall your windows. Hope it works! (Sorry for bad english)

Status
Not open for further replies.