Disconnected Network Drive

I am experiencing the same problem : I boot up, log into Windows XP
Pro, fire up Windows Explorer and it says my mapped drive is
"disconnected". I can double-click on the drive and see everything
there, but in Windows Explorer, it continues to say "Disconnected
Network Drive".

This started happening AFTER visiting Windows Update. And I suspect it
is one of Microsoft lovely patches that is causing this. I have been
s-l-o-w-l-y rolling out critical updates through Windows Update over
the past couple of months. As I patch systems in this way, I notice
this problem more and more. Systems that haven't been patched don't
have this problem, but the systems that HAVE been patched are
consistently showing this problem.

I believe it is one of these that is causing the problem:
KB901214
KB890830
KB903235
KB898461
KB893066
KB883939
KB896428
KB896422
KB890046
KB896358

Before these were installed (all on a single day earlier this month), I
wasn't getting the "Disconnected Network Drive" message.

Wondering if others out there are having a similar experience.

Cheers,
Jeff

infernon

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2005

Same deal here. If you try to "net use" the drive that is supposedly
disconnected, you receive a message that it's already in use and if you
right click and attempt to disconnect the drive, you receive another
message. I apologize for not writing that down.

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Same deal here. If you try to "net use" the drive that is
> supposedly
> disconnected, you receive a message that it's already in use
> and if you
> right click and attempt to disconnect the drive, you receive
> another
> message. I apologize for not writing that down.

Have you disabled off line files, if not that could be your answer.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Disconnected-Network-Drive-ftopict397447.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1318242

TRENDING THREADS