I somehow split my hard drive (into C: and D:) Can I undo ..

I am using windows xp SP2

I re-installed windows and re-formated the hard drive. Somehow Now my
computer has split up the hard drive into two drives. The C drive and the D
drive. I have not added another hard drive or anything like that.
My C drive is where all of the windows componets are on. I can save/open
files from the C and D drive just like normal.
I can live with themm being seperate, but is there any way I can combine
them into one drive?!?!

Thanks for all of your help.
2 answers Last reply
More about split hard drive into undo

    You now have the opprotunity to dual-boot but reinstall windowsxp and create
    a new partition and delete the other. Or purchase partition magic and it
    will help.
    "lostandconfused" <lostandconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:7F27020E-5A40-4A9F-AAD6-89CB0A2A1433@microsoft.com...

    wrote in message

    >I am using windows xp SP2
    >
    > I re-installed windows and re-formated the hard drive. Somehow
    > Now my
    > computer has split up the hard drive into two drives. The C
    > drive and the D
    > drive. I have not added another hard drive or anything like
    > that.

    The C: drive and D: drive are called "partitions."

    > My C drive is where all of the windows componets are on. I can
    > save/open
    > files from the C and D drive just like normal.
    > I can live with themm being seperate, but is there any way I
    > can combine
    > them into one drive?!?!

    No version of Windows or DOS has ever had the ability to change
    the partition structure of a drive without losing all the data on
    it. To do so requires the use of a third-party program. Partition
    Magic is the best-known such program, but there are
    shareware/freeware alternatives. One shareware product that gets
    good reports from several MVPs (although I haven't used it
    personally) is Bootit Next Generation.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

Hard Drives Windows XP