Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Loaded XP with bad slipstreamed CD--best way to fix?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 4:10:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I have been having trouble playing DVD's. My burner is a dual cd rw/DVD rw
drive. It plays CD's fine. After loading Nero I put my slipstreamed cd
(Windows Professional XP and SP2) and ran Nero's scan. The scan reports
that some of the sectors at the beginning of the CD are damaged, and that
there is a bad sector on the CD at the very end.

I know I have to create a new slipstreamed CD. After I try doing this, do I
have to do a complete reinstall with the good CD or can I do a repair
install with the new slipstreamed CD--assuming I can prepare a CD without
errors?

I just reinstalled with the slipstreamed CD so I do not want to go thru all
this again if I don't have too.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 4:33:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Use unattended setup and you can leave your computer for 30 minutes. Come
back and reinstall your programs.
"Lori" <lorikuiper92@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uSDRqt7iFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I have been having trouble playing DVD's. My burner is a dual cd rw/DVD rw
>drive. It plays CD's fine. After loading Nero I put my slipstreamed cd
>(Windows Professional XP and SP2) and ran Nero's scan. The scan reports
>that some of the sectors at the beginning of the CD are damaged, and that
>there is a bad sector on the CD at the very end.
>
> I know I have to create a new slipstreamed CD. After I try doing this, do
> I have to do a complete reinstall with the good CD or can I do a repair
> install with the new slipstreamed CD--assuming I can prepare a CD without
> errors?
>
> I just reinstalled with the slipstreamed CD so I do not want to go thru
> all this again if I don't have too.
>
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 7:19:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I tried making a new slipstreamed CD. I used a CD-RW and then used Nero to
run a scan. The scan says that everything is OK, but the picture still
shows 1 small red square at the end of the data on the CD. There are no
damaged sectors this time, but the red square at the end bothers me. I
don't want to reinstall again and find out that the new disk is bad again.
Is there any other way I can check the disk to make sure it is good? Is it
normal to have the square at the end of data show up in red on a CD-RW disk?
I was thinking that maybe for somereason the disk was not finalized
properly--but I don't know how to check for that?
"youllneverguess" <noemail@d.com> wrote in message
news:%23aqdV77iFHA.2852@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Use unattended setup and you can leave your computer for 30 minutes. Come
> back and reinstall your programs.
> "Lori" <lorikuiper92@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:uSDRqt7iFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>I have been having trouble playing DVD's. My burner is a dual cd rw/DVD
>>rw drive. It plays CD's fine. After loading Nero I put my slipstreamed
>>cd (Windows Professional XP and SP2) and ran Nero's scan. The scan
>>reports that some of the sectors at the beginning of the CD are damaged,
>>and that there is a bad sector on the CD at the very end.
>>
>> I know I have to create a new slipstreamed CD. After I try doing this,
>> do I have to do a complete reinstall with the good CD or can I do a
>> repair install with the new slipstreamed CD--assuming I can prepare a CD
>> without errors?
>>
>> I just reinstalled with the slipstreamed CD so I do not want to go thru
>> all this again if I don't have too.
>>
>
>
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 1:09:09 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I don't know of any way. Just install it and see if it works.
"Lori" <lorikuiper92@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:u0aOkX9iFHA.2444@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I tried making a new slipstreamed CD. I used a CD-RW and then used Nero to
>run a scan. The scan says that everything is OK, but the picture still
>shows 1 small red square at the end of the data on the CD. There are no
>damaged sectors this time, but the red square at the end bothers me. I
>don't want to reinstall again and find out that the new disk is bad again.
>Is there any other way I can check the disk to make sure it is good? Is it
>normal to have the square at the end of data show up in red on a CD-RW
>disk? I was thinking that maybe for somereason the disk was not finalized
>properly--but I don't know how to check for that?
> "youllneverguess" <noemail@d.com> wrote in message
> news:%23aqdV77iFHA.2852@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Use unattended setup and you can leave your computer for 30 minutes. Come
>> back and reinstall your programs.
>> "Lori" <lorikuiper92@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:uSDRqt7iFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>>I have been having trouble playing DVD's. My burner is a dual cd rw/DVD
>>>rw drive. It plays CD's fine. After loading Nero I put my slipstreamed
>>>cd (Windows Professional XP and SP2) and ran Nero's scan. The scan
>>>reports that some of the sectors at the beginning of the CD are damaged,
>>>and that there is a bad sector on the CD at the very end.
>>>
>>> I know I have to create a new slipstreamed CD. After I try doing this,
>>> do I have to do a complete reinstall with the good CD or can I do a
>>> repair install with the new slipstreamed CD--assuming I can prepare a CD
>>> without errors?
>>>
>>> I just reinstalled with the slipstreamed CD so I do not want to go thru
>>> all this again if I don't have too.
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
!