Sign in with
Your question

Diamond Pro 2060u no longer detected

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 7, 2008 3:33:25 PM

I have a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2060u that's about seven years old and connected to my Macbook Pro. A couple days ago, my laptop stopped recognizing the monitor even though nothing had changed recently. By testing with different laptops and cables, I identified the monitor as the problem.

The monitor itself turns on fine (making no noise) and displays a message in perfect color that there is no input. After a few seconds, it goes into standby mode, which is typical when there's no input.

Does anyone know if this is an easy fix (worth pursuing) or an indication of a bigger problem (cut my losses and move on)?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

John
March 7, 2008 5:21:08 PM

Sounds like a cable issue. Try the monitor on another PC and see if it works. If it does work there's something wrong with the signal output of the Macbook. If it doesn't there's something wrong with the VGA cable most probably.
March 7, 2008 5:49:07 PM

Thanks for your help. As I mentioned in my original post, I've already tried the monitor with multiple PCs and cables, none of which work with the monitor.

Something I forgot to mention in the original post is that the monitor does appear to receive some sort of signal from the PC as it switches itself on (from Standby mode) when I first turn on my connected PC or try to detect the monitor. Unfortunately, after a few seconds, due to a lack of signal, it switches itself back off.
Related resources
March 7, 2008 7:43:41 PM

Excuse me for not noticing that important detail in your original post. The monitor is surely exhibiting a bizarre behaviour. I would try taking it to a TV repair shop if I were in your shoes.
March 7, 2008 9:36:36 PM

Thanks for sticking with me on this. At this point, I'm kind of at a loss of what to do. There are no repair places in the area (Minneapolis, MN) that service CRTs and sending it to an authorized Mitsubishi repair center is prohibitively expensive.

If I come up with a solution or ever figure out what the problem is, I'll post it here.

Thanks again. John
March 8, 2008 2:21:22 AM

I found a suitable workaround. My monitor has a second VGA input. I had tried it before with no luck, but with further fiddling around, I was able to get it to detect the signal. Everything is now working properly using the second input. Thanks again, realzeus, for your time and advice.
March 8, 2008 7:02:12 AM

I am glad that you have found a quick and free of charge solution to the problem. Seems like the primary VGA input has failed. Good thing the monitor had a dual PC input configuration. You might want to replace the failed input though just in case something happens to the second one too.

Alex
!