Emailing photos

Sending photo by e-mail can be a problem if you do not want to picture to be
greater than the size of the content section of the mail. Xp has a great way
of dealing with this easily. If you right click on the file and choose email
recipient, it asks you if you want to resize the pic before creating a new
post.

My problem is that this resizing only takes place with my .bmp files whereas
my friends can do it with their .jpg files as well. What can I do to make it
work with my .jpg (in fact all graphic) files?

Colin
5 answers Last reply
More about emailing photos

    Send the photo in a "zip" file. This is a safe way of sending any type of
    large files.

    "Colin" <duell@mweb.co.za> wrote in message
    > Sending photo by e-mail can be a problem if you do not want to picture to
    > be greater than the size of the content section of the mail. Xp has a
    > great way of dealing with this easily. If you right click on the file and
    > choose email recipient, it asks you if you want to resize the pic before
    > creating a new post.
    >
    > My problem is that this resizing only takes place with my .bmp files
    > whereas my friends can do it with their .jpg files as well. What can I do
    > to make it work with my .jpg (in fact all graphic) files?
    >
    > Colin

    Clear the Temporary Internet Files. In IE>Tools>Internet Options>
    Delete Files button. And check the box to Delete Offline content.

    Bruce Hagen
    MS MVP - (IE/OE)
    ~IB-CA~

    "Colin" <duell@mweb.co.za> wrote in message
    > Sending photo by e-mail can be a problem if you do not want to picture to
    > be greater than the size of the content section of the mail. Xp has a
    > great way of dealing with this easily. If you right click on the file and
    > choose email recipient, it asks you if you want to resize the pic before
    > creating a new post.
    >
    > My problem is that this resizing only takes place with my .bmp files
    > whereas my friends can do it with their .jpg files as well. What can I do
    > to make it work with my .jpg (in fact all graphic) files?
    >
    > Colin

    Down Picasa from Google. It's free and will resize photos for email among
    other things.

    "Colin" <duell@mweb.co.za> wrote in message
    > Sending photo by e-mail can be a problem if you do not want to picture to
    > be greater than the size of the content section of the mail. Xp has a
    > great way of dealing with this easily. If you right click on the file and
    > choose email recipient, it asks you if you want to resize the pic before
    > creating a new post.
    >
    > My problem is that this resizing only takes place with my .bmp files
    > whereas my friends can do it with their .jpg files as well. What can I do
    > to make it work with my .jpg (in fact all graphic) files?
    >
    > Colin

    Colin,

    Type this in Start, Run dialog:

    regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Colin" <duell@mweb.co.za> wrote in message
    > Sending photo by e-mail can be a problem if you do not want to picture to
    > be greater than the size of the content section of the mail. Xp has a
    > great way of dealing with this easily. If you right click on the file and
    > choose email recipient, it asks you if you want to resize the pic before
    > creating a new post.
    >
    > My problem is that this resizing only takes place with my .bmp files
    > whereas my friends can do it with their .jpg files as well. What can I do
    > to make it work with my .jpg (in fact all graphic) files?
    >
    > Colin

    NB: Picasa may require a Full MAPI mail client to be the default. If so, it
    cannot be used with Outlook Express, which is only Simple MAPI. MS Outlook
    is a Full MAPI mail client.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Dennis Marks wrote:
    > Down Picasa from Google. It's free and will resize photos for email among
    > other things.
    >
    > "Colin" <duell@mweb.co.za> wrote in message
    >> Sending photo by e-mail can be a problem if you do not want to picture to
    >> be greater than the size of the content section of the mail. Xp has a
    >> great way of dealing with this easily. If you right click on the file and
    >> choose email recipient, it asks you if you want to resize the pic before
    >> creating a new post.
    >>
    >> My problem is that this resizing only takes place with my .bmp files
    >> whereas my friends can do it with their .jpg files as well. What can I do
    >> to make it work with my .jpg (in fact all graphic) files?
    >>
    >> Colin

Email Windows XP