Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

Sending photo by e-mail can be a problem if you do not want to picture to be
greater than the size of the content section of the mail. Xp has a great way
of dealing with this easily. If you right click on the file and choose email
recipient, it asks you if you want to resize the pic before creating a new
post.

My problem is that this resizing only takes place with my .bmp files whereas
my friends can do it with their .jpg files as well. What can I do to make it
work with my .jpg (in fact all graphic) files?

Colin

Send the photo in a "zip" file. This is a safe way of sending any type of
large files.

"Colin" <duell@mweb.co.za> wrote in message
> Sending photo by e-mail can be a problem if you do not want to picture to
> be greater than the size of the content section of the mail. Xp has a
> great way of dealing with this easily. If you right click on the file and
> choose email recipient, it asks you if you want to resize the pic before
> creating a new post.
>
> My problem is that this resizing only takes place with my .bmp files
> whereas my friends can do it with their .jpg files as well. What can I do
> to make it work with my .jpg (in fact all graphic) files?
>
> Colin

Clear the Temporary Internet Files. In IE>Tools>Internet Options>
Delete Files button. And check the box to Delete Offline content.

Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - (IE/OE)
~IB-CA~

"Colin" <duell@mweb.co.za> wrote in message
> Sending photo by e-mail can be a problem if you do not want to picture to
> be greater than the size of the content section of the mail. Xp has a
> great way of dealing with this easily. If you right click on the file and
> choose email recipient, it asks you if you want to resize the pic before
> creating a new post.
>
> My problem is that this resizing only takes place with my .bmp files
> whereas my friends can do it with their .jpg files as well. What can I do
> to make it work with my .jpg (in fact all graphic) files?
>
> Colin

Down Picasa from Google. It's free and will resize photos for email among
other things.

"Colin" <duell@mweb.co.za> wrote in message
> Sending photo by e-mail can be a problem if you do not want to picture to
> be greater than the size of the content section of the mail. Xp has a
> great way of dealing with this easily. If you right click on the file and
> choose email recipient, it asks you if you want to resize the pic before
> creating a new post.
>
> My problem is that this resizing only takes place with my .bmp files
> whereas my friends can do it with their .jpg files as well. What can I do
> to make it work with my .jpg (in fact all graphic) files?
>
> Colin

Colin,

Type this in Start, Run dialog:

regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Colin" <duell@mweb.co.za> wrote in message
> Sending photo by e-mail can be a problem if you do not want to picture to
> be greater than the size of the content section of the mail. Xp has a
> great way of dealing with this easily. If you right click on the file and
> choose email recipient, it asks you if you want to resize the pic before
> creating a new post.
>
> My problem is that this resizing only takes place with my .bmp files
> whereas my friends can do it with their .jpg files as well. What can I do
> to make it work with my .jpg (in fact all graphic) files?
>
> Colin

NB: Picasa may require a Full MAPI mail client to be the default. If so, it
cannot be used with Outlook Express, which is only Simple MAPI. MS Outlook
is a Full MAPI mail client.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security