Sign in with
Your question

No Sound Comcast HD Box, To computer SPDIF

Last response: in Home Theatre
June 29, 2009 6:59:53 PM

Well I got cable TV for my computer I have it hooked up to my monitor (HP LP2475w) with component (Red, Blue, Green) and for sound I have a SPDIF (digital Coax) from the cable box Spdif to my mobo (Asus P6T)
I have updated my realtek sound drivers, and still no sound for my cable.... I also went to the realtek panel and switched from Speakers to Realtek Digital output, and still no sound for cable.... I wont lie I have no clue what I am doing :D  Thanks for any help!!!!!
June 29, 2009 7:41:45 PM

Are you sure that your mobo has a digital audio input? You said that it is an output in the Realtek panel. Try connecting the cable box to your mobo with analog L/R cables to the line in connection. That should work.
m
l
June 29, 2009 7:56:55 PM

well ok, My mobo does not have a Digital audio input....It only has an SPDIF out. Also I dont think I can use analog L/R my mobo only has 3.5mm? audio jacks and the cable box has analog L/R (red, white)
m
l
Related resources
June 29, 2009 8:16:40 PM

soooo..... what should I do now?? :heink:  lol
m
l
June 29, 2009 8:44:52 PM

Could I get a 3.5mm Stereo Male to 2RCA Male, plug that into my realtek input might that work?
m
l
July 20, 2009 6:43:27 PM

I don't think the realtek even has an audio input...analog or otherwise. Listing your mobo would help a bit...

Best solution would be a soundcard with Spdif input. Most soundcards still support this feature.
m
l
July 20, 2009 9:03:49 PM

I fixed it! YAY! I had to get the 3.5mm Stereo Male to 2RCA Male. my mobo is a P6T I pluged that into my blue realtek input jack. Then I had to go into playback devices and unmute the input line. its setup diffrent in vista kinda gave me a headache :)  Thanks every one
m
l
!