In Pictures: 20 Heat Sinks That Look Cool, Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingodwestream

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
i have the royal knight. still haven't used it yet..but its out of the box and its a part of my old school CPU cooler collection...sits right next toe the Gemini II.

Mark Heath

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
There is no fan, nor are there heat pipes to carry the heat off the CPU. Instead, it uses the heat to create hot liquid and gas bubbles within the device's tubing. These bubbles circulate through the system, carrying the heat away from the CPU, and then condensing back to repeat the process again.
A lava lamp on the cpu?

philologos

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
I have the Scythe Mugen 2. I think it looks rather prosaic except in its sheer size. Its wide fin spacing makes it work well with low RPM fans, making a good choice for quiet computing. I also think its among the very best in value.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I love my CM V8. Sure, not the prettiest thing around, and it's a horrible cooler if you want high end air cooling (get a TRUE for that), but damn, even at max speed, I can't hear it over even my case fans and GPU all at minimum RPM.
Though I have been tempted to slap two more fans on it (for each side).
The sheer size of it though makes it so I have to remove the HSF before removing the first DIMM. Pain in the ass when I have a corrupt stick of memory.

G

Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, no 6 in Amd on frostytech, what a cooler! virtually silent, on my machine, (every fan is controlled for silence except when gaming, all I can hear is the feint clicking of the HDD,s)

arkadi

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
V8 it one of the best coolers i had, silent, can handle good overclock on my 920. Unfortunately the fan started to vibrate after year of 24/7 user.
But no bigy i got better fan inside :)

allantang

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
I have the IFX-14 Intel BP. Its a beast. It doesnt have a mirror finish on the base, but I got a lapping kit and did it myself.

hot74rod2003

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]philologos[/nom]I have the Scythe Mugen 2. I think it looks rather prosaic except in its sheer size. Its wide fin spacing makes it work well with low RPM fans, making a good choice for quiet computing. I also think its among the very best in value.[/citation]

i agree! i have this one too and it works great! plus its easy to clean.. good luck cleaning the ones with internal fans!

kitekrazy1963

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
[citation][nom]tokenz[/nom]When are you going to bench all of these?[/citation]

I'd love to see that. Sometimes eye candy can be a failure. I would hate to spend $80 on a heatsink that only cools 2C more than stock.

So far my $20 Cooler Master Hyper 101A hasn't even reached 50C but I have to credit that to my Thermaltake V3 case. The CPU fan is blowing out of the top of the case.

alphadark

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
I saw the Triton 88, I want to buy it. Google search, Bing search... nothing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

vinehoyle

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
I did newegg.com search for these coolers. I found like 4 or 5 of them. Rest either didn't exist or were out of stock. Also of the few i did find, only 2 had CFM airflow statements. I hate to say it guys, but if u want to do a "neatoo" review try giving some specs along with it, like most importantly the CFM statement. That's ultimately what a builder is looking at. As they say, "It's no good if it looks pretty but ur cpu fries like an egg!"

the-real-link

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
A benchmark of all these would be great for temps at idle, load, overlock etc.! Simply make a couple systems as close as possible (for the Intel / AMD differences), a few standard tests and there you go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.