Mac to tv

Hi I have been connecting my mac to a tv using HDMI which works great however there is one problem. When I am using something like BBC iplayer I have to move what Im watching practically off the screen on my mac in order to see it on the tv, and I cant put full screen mode on as this dosent work.Is there a setting or something I can use to make this easier? Thankyou.
4 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. vicmack said:
    Hi I have been connecting my mac to a tv using HDMI which works great however there is one problem. When I am using something like BBC iplayer I have to move what Im watching practically off the screen on my mac in order to see it on the tv, and I cant put full screen mode on as this dosent work.Is there a setting or something I can use to make this easier? Thankyou.


    the simplest way would be to just turn on mirroring so it shows the same picture on each screen. go to system preferences/displays/mirror displays. or if u have your display icon on the menu bar at the top of your mac, just click that and select mirror display

    hope this answered your question
  2. npowers86 said:
    the simplest way would be to just turn on mirroring so it shows the same picture on each screen. go to system preferences/displays/mirror displays. or if u have your display icon on the menu bar at the top of your mac, just click that and select mirror display

    hope this answered your question



    It sure did! Thank you so much! I knew there had to be a simple solution thank you for your help.
  3. vicmack said:
    It sure did! Thank you so much! I knew there had to be a simple solution thank you for your help.


    no problem, anytime. if you ever have any other mac related questions feel free to message me
  4. thanks, just what i've been looking for also.
Ask a new question

Read More

TV HDMI Macintosh Mac OS X