More about subsystem

    From: "lostttt" <lostttt@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | 4. At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after
    | each command:
    |
    | expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\config.nt_ c:\windows\system32\config.nt
    | expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\autoexec.nt_ c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
    | expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\command.co_ c:\windows\system32\command.com
    | exit
    |
    | what should i type exactly in the CMD box...bc i dont know understand the
    | above...

    16 bit MS-DOS subsystem Fix Method 1:
    copy; c:\windows\repair\autoexec.nt
    c:\windows\system32

    copy; c:\windows\repair\config.nt
    c:\windows\system32

    16 bit MS-DOS subsystem Fix Method 2:
    Go to; Start --> Run
    enter; cmd.exe

    { assuming the WinXP CDROM disk is in drive "D:" }
    In the Command Prompt enter the following three command lines, one by one...

    expand D:\i386\autoexec.nt_ %windir%\system32\autoexec.nt

    expand D:\i386\config.nt_ %windir%\system32config.nt

    expand D:\i386\command.co_ %windir%\system32\command.com

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    lostttt wrote:

    > 4. At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after
    > each command:
    >

    > expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\config.nt_ c:\windows\system32\config.nt
    > expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\autoexec.nt_ c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
    > expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\command.co_ c:\windows\system32\command.com
    > exit
    >
    > what should i type exactly in the CMD box...bc i dont know understand the
    > above...
    Hi,

    If it is autoexec.nt you have problems with, I suggest you copy the file
    from the repair folder, you can use this procedure:

    Open a command prompt, using e.g. Start/Run --> cmd.exe

    In the command prompt, type in the following two commands exactly as
    you see them in this post (you need to press enter for each command
    to execute them):

    cd /d %windir%
    copy repair\autoexec.nt system32\*.*

    Here is a "screen dump" from how it looks when I do it on my computer:

    C:\>cd /d %windir%

    C:\WINDOWS>copy repair\autoexec.nt system32\*.*
    1 file(s) copied.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    lostttt wrote:
    > 4. At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER
    > after each command:
    >

    > expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\config.nt_
    > c:\windows\system32\config.nt expand CD-ROM Drive
    > Letter:\i386\autoexec.nt_ c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt expand
    > CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\command.co_ c:\windows\system32\command.com
    > exit
    >
    > what should i type exactly in the CMD box...bc i dont know understand
    > the above...

    Please keep all replies with the original thread, it makes it easier for
    those attempting to assist you to follow.

    Net cop on duty. Gee thanks so much for nothing.
    http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-532190.php
    Usual of your junk.

    From: "Chris" <Jhhg@edspp.com>

    | Net cop on duty. Gee thanks so much for nothing.
    | http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-532190.php
    | Usual of your junk.

    This is NOT being a NetCop so don't be a jerk !

    It is very hard to track responses in multiple threads. Discussions on the same topic
    matter from the same poster must be in the same thread.

    This was *valuable feedback* for newbies reading this thread or the OP for future reference.

    --

    Chris wrote:

    > Net cop on duty. Gee thanks so much for nothing.
    > http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-532190.php
    > Usual of your junk.
    >
    > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>lostttt wrote:
    >>
    >>>4. At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER
    >>>after each command:
    >>>

    >>>expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\config.nt_
    >>>c:\windows\system32\config.nt expand CD-ROM Drive
    >>>Letter:\i386\autoexec.nt_ c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt expand
    >>>CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\command.co_ c:\windows\system32\command.com
    >>>exit
    >>>
    >>>what should i type exactly in the CMD box...bc i dont know understand
    >>>the above...
    >>
    >>Please keep all replies with the original thread, it makes it easier for
    >>those attempting to assist you to follow.

    Her post was appropriate for the situation. Posting out of thread makes
    it difficult.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Why? Do you let your sycophant do this for you? As I said she is a net cop
    and that is all she does.

    From: "Chris" <Jhhg@edspp.com>

    | Why? Do you let your sycophant do this for you? As I said she is a net cop
    | and that is all she does.

    I am not trying gain favour or anything else. I was merely pointing out your overly zealous
    "rant" was off target and why it missed the mark. In addition, from my POV based upon the
    posts I have seen her make and the threads we both have replied to, I could not brand Miss
    Perspicacia as a Net Cop so lighten up and chill out.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    Your idea of a rant is three short sentences? I guess you don't see many of
    her posts then you would know what ranting is all about. And I don't care to
    "lighten up" thanks anyway.

    > From: "Chris" <Jhhg@edspp.com>
    >
    > | Why? Do you let your sycophant do this for you? As I said she is a net
    > cop
    > | and that is all she does.
    >
    > I am not trying gain favour or anything else. I was merely pointing out
    > your overly zealous
    > "rant" was off target and why it missed the mark. In addition, from my
    > POV based upon the
    > posts I have seen her make and the threads we both have replied to, I
    > could not brand Miss
    > Perspicacia as a Net Cop so lighten up and chill out.
    >
    > --
    > Dave
    > http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    I still don't care

    Chris wrote:
    > I still don't care

    Then p**s off, you top-posting moronic troll...

    What an elegant reply, and witty too!But what else is to be expected from
    such an intelligent caring person as yourself. Have you seen your pic at
    24hoursupporthelpdesk? Here is an example of what others think of your fine
    posts. http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-532190.php
    IFC
    > Chris wrote:
    >> I still don't care
    >
    > Then p**s off, you top-posting moronic troll...

CD-Rom System32 Expand Command Prompt Windows XP