Codbot.X

Have any of you encountered a piece of malware called Codbot.X and know how
to get rid of it? I've tried various adware programs to no avail.
34 answers Last reply
More about codbot

    http://www.google.com/search?q=Codbot%2EX

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    wow. a google search. never thought about trying that myself. anyone with
    half a brain want to take a stab at this?

    From: "Chico" <Chico@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | Have any of you encountered a piece of malware called Codbot.X and know how
    | to get rid of it? I've tried various adware programs to no avail.

    The Codbot is a virus, most variants are Internet worms and are not adware so standard anto
    malware applications isn't the software to use. Anti virus software is needed.

    In the future you should post such a query to an anti virus and/or anti spyware News Group.

    microsoft.public.security.virus
    alt.comp.virus
    alt.comp.anti-virus
    alt.privacy.spyware

    The following multi-vendor AV scanner utility includes; Sophos, McAfee and Trend Micro
    scanners and at least Sophos should be able to clean/remove the infection.

    Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

    http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } three batch files, five Kixtart scripts, one Link
    (.LNK) file, this PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
    simplify the process of using; Sophos, Trend and McAfee Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to
    remove
    viruses and various other malware.

    way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor’s web site.
    The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC.

    file.

    Choose; Unzip
    Choose; Close

    Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

    NOTE: You may have to disable your software FireWall or allow WGET.EXE and/or FTP.EXE to go
    through your FireWall to allow them to download the needed AV vendor related files.

    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    thank you for your helpful response. just one question though: if Codbot.X
    is indeed a virus and not malware, why have some of my malware programs
    detected it (though they haven't been able to zap it) and why has most of the
    discussion i've found about it on the web refer to it as malware?

    Chico wrote:
    > wow. a google search. never thought about trying that myself.
    > anyone with half a brain want to take a stab at this?

    Sorry, I thought you had at least a half a brain to be able to read the
    links from a Google search.

    Next time state you moronhood, and that you need to have your hand held.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    Yeah, well you molest dead goats.

    SO THERE.

    From: "Chico" <Chico@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | thank you for your helpful response. just one question though: if Codbot.X
    | is indeed a virus and not malware, why have some of my malware programs
    | detected it (though they haven't been able to zap it) and why has most of the
    | discussion i've found about it on the web refer to it as malware?

    Malware means "bad software".

    Malware can be broken down into sub-types and class being viral and non-viral malware.

    All viruses, Internet worms, Trojans, Browser hijackers, adware, Browser Helper Objects,
    keyloggers, Trojans, etc, etc are forms of malware.

    One of the biggest problems in the anti malware industry is the naming convention. Take a
    new worm that was noted last week. Some call it; Gael, Licum, Gaelicum or Tenga but they
    are all the same virus.

    The W32/Codbot is a well known Internet worm. A class of viruses. That's one of the
    reasons you post such a query in an anti virus News Group. It just so happens this is
    associated with non-viral malware.
    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32codbotgen.html

    As for the statement "...why have some of my malware programs detected it (though they
    haven't been able to zap it)" Interesting how that was NOT in your original post nor were
    the names of the applications or the their respective versions.

    You provide generic information and you expect specific answers ?

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    "> You provide generic information and you expect specific answers ?

    Sorry. Please know that as a somewhat novice computer user, i often don't
    know what information i need to provide in order to receive a reasoned answer.

    Anyways, i ran the following programs on my computer: Adaware, PCSafe,
    Spysweeper, and at least 3 others whose names escape me at this moment. The
    only one to identify Codbot.X (or at least under that name) was PCSafe, and
    it was unable to get rid of it.

    Chico wrote:

    > "kurttrail" wrote:
    >
    >> Chico wrote:
    >>> wow. a google search. never thought about trying that myself.
    >>> anyone with half a brain want to take a stab at this?
    >>
    >> Sorry, I thought you had at least a half a brain to be able to read
    >> the links from a Google search.
    >>
    >> Next time state you moronhood, and that you need to have your hand
    >> held.
    >
    > Yeah, well you molest dead goats.

    How would you know? Have you disguised youself as a dead goat? I'm
    sure you wouldn't have to try hard at all to pull off imitating a dead
    goat's intelligence.

    > SO THERE.

    Where?

    --

    kurttrail wrote:
    > Chico wrote:
    >> Have any of you encountered a piece of malware called Codbot.X and
    >> know how to get rid of it? I've tried various adware programs to no
    >> avail.
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=Codbot%2EX

    http://microscum.com/censored/2005007181505/

    http://microscum.com/censored/2005007181635/

    Three of my posts disapeared in 2 days, is Mike Brannigan lurking around
    here?

    --

    kurttrail wrote:
    > kurttrail wrote:
    >> Chico wrote:
    >>> Have any of you encountered a piece of malware called Codbot.X and
    >>> know how to get rid of it? I've tried various adware programs to no
    >>> avail.
    >>
    >> http://www.google.com/search?q=Codbot%2EX
    >
    > http://microscum.com/censored/2005007181505/
    >
    > http://microscum.com/censored/2005007181635/
    >
    > Three of my posts disapeared in 2 days, is Mike Brannigan lurking
    > around here?

    Oops! I did it again! Here are the right links.

    http://microscum.com/censored/200507181505/

    http://microscum.com/censored/200507181635/

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    Download, install, update and run all of the following.

    Ad-Aware

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
    it can be analyzed.

    HijackThis

    "Chico" <Chico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Have any of you encountered a piece of malware called Codbot.X and know
    > how
    > to get rid of it? I've tried various adware programs to no avail.

    pcbutts1 wrote:

    <snip>

    > If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run it, save
    > a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
    > it can be analyzed.
    >
    > HijackThis
    > http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

    Please don't recommend the posting of HijackThis logs here. This is not
    the place for them. Here are some places where they can be posted.

    Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:

    http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
    http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    I am not going to go to another forum to register and then search for
    someone's log when they can just post it here. It is a waste of time.

    From: "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com>

    | I am not going to go to another forum to register and then search for
    | someone's log when they can just post it here. It is a waste of time.
    |
    | --

    Then suggest sites that parse the HJT Logs....

    http://hjt.iamnotageek.com/
    http://www.hijackthis.de/en

    Even the News Group alt.privacy.spyware dissuades posting HJT Logs and suggests posting in
    a forum that supports HJT. Too many posters are posting these logs all over the place where
    they don't belong.

    From: "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com>

    | Wrong!
    |
    | --
    |
    | The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    | NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
    | See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
    | Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com

    This is one of Kurttrail's moments. He is correct.

    --

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Wrong!

    What an intelligent and well thought out response!

    Thanks for setting me straight!

    [In case you didn't notice, I'm being totally sarcastic]

    --

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > First of all how is anybody else going to learn how to read these
    > logs if they can't see what is being fixed. Hijackthis is a trouble
    > shooting utility not software. It provides a wealth of information
    > about a users system not just spyware. What makes you think I am not
    > an not an expert at reading them. Why would I ask them to post them
    > if I did not intend to help them. What makes you think those are
    > experts in those forums. Show me a post where a troll has analyzed a
    > hjt log. People come to these groups for help, lets help them not
    > send them somewhere else, which is what most of the MVP's do anyway.
    > Sending someone to another group is not helping especially when there
    > are others in this group that can help. It is a waste of time. When
    > those so called "Experts" ask someone to fix something and then post
    > another log that means they are guessing, try this try that. I am
    > beginning to feel that all of you are intimidated by hjt logs which
    > is why you tell them to post it elsewhere. No I am not going to send
    > someone to another forum to for a problem that I can fix right here.
    > Look what happen to Chico, he had to format his system because of a
    > Trojan that hijackthis would have detected. Formatting a system to
    > fix one issue is over kill. I am sure you are familiar with the words
    > kill file? If you don't want to read my posts about hjt then I
    > suggest you kill file me. Problem solved.

    Or you will get a lot of posts in response to your HJT log requests
    telling you to knock it off. You will get a rep, and people will tend
    to not take your responses seriously, because the OP will see a whole
    bunch of people saying not to do what you ask.

    THIS IS NOT AN HJT GROUP! Deal with it, or may I suggest you start
    kill-filing all of the regulars in this group now, because you won't
    here the end of this, until

    --

    kurttrail wrote:

    > pcbutts1 wrote:
    >> First of all how is anybody else going to learn how to read these
    >> logs if they can't see what is being fixed. Hijackthis is a trouble
    >> shooting utility not software. It provides a wealth of information
    >> about a users system not just spyware. What makes you think I am not
    >> an not an expert at reading them. Why would I ask them to post them
    >> if I did not intend to help them. What makes you think those are
    >> experts in those forums. Show me a post where a troll has analyzed a
    >> hjt log. People come to these groups for help, lets help them not
    >> send them somewhere else, which is what most of the MVP's do anyway.
    >> Sending someone to another group is not helping especially when there
    >> are others in this group that can help. It is a waste of time. When
    >> those so called "Experts" ask someone to fix something and then post
    >> another log that means they are guessing, try this try that. I am
    >> beginning to feel that all of you are intimidated by hjt logs which
    >> is why you tell them to post it elsewhere. No I am not going to send
    >> someone to another forum to for a problem that I can fix right here.
    >> Look what happen to Chico, he had to format his system because of a
    >> Trojan that hijackthis would have detected. Formatting a system to
    >> fix one issue is over kill. I am sure you are familiar with the words
    >> kill file? If you don't want to read my posts about hjt then I
    >> suggest you kill file me. Problem solved.
    >
    > Or you will get a lot of posts in response to your HJT log requests
    > telling you to knock it off. You will get a rep, and people will tend
    > to not take your responses seriously, because the OP will see a whole
    > bunch of people saying not to do what you ask.
    >
    > THIS IS NOT AN HJT GROUP! Deal with it, or may I suggest you start
    > kill-filing all of the regulars in this group now, because you won't
    > here the end of this, until

    Thanks, Kurt. I guess he didn't read or really understand my post. I
    guess his ego has gotten in the way of providing good tech support. Too
    bad. Too bad for the end users, too.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    pcbutts1 wrote:

    > I am not going to go to another forum to register and then search for
    > someone's log when they can just post it here. It is a waste of time.

    This is not a malware removal support site, and is not the place for
    posting HJT logs. If you want to help someone and see their log, then
    have then send it to you in private email. They don't belong here.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    The name of this group is microsoft.public.windowsxp.general not
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.nohijackthis. You're an idiot HijackThis
    is a tool NOT software. Deal with it.

    > pcbutts1 wrote:
    >> First of all how is anybody else going to learn how to read these
    >> logs if they can't see what is being fixed. Hijackthis is a trouble
    >> shooting utility not software. It provides a wealth of information
    >> about a users system not just spyware. What makes you think I am not
    >> an not an expert at reading them. Why would I ask them to post them
    >> if I did not intend to help them. What makes you think those are
    >> experts in those forums. Show me a post where a troll has analyzed a
    >> hjt log. People come to these groups for help, lets help them not
    >> send them somewhere else, which is what most of the MVP's do anyway.
    >> Sending someone to another group is not helping especially when there
    >> are others in this group that can help. It is a waste of time. When
    >> those so called "Experts" ask someone to fix something and then post
    >> another log that means they are guessing, try this try that. I am
    >> beginning to feel that all of you are intimidated by hjt logs which
    >> is why you tell them to post it elsewhere. No I am not going to send
    >> someone to another forum to for a problem that I can fix right here.
    >> Look what happen to Chico, he had to format his system because of a
    >> Trojan that hijackthis would have detected. Formatting a system to
    >> fix one issue is over kill. I am sure you are familiar with the words
    >> kill file? If you don't want to read my posts about hjt then I
    >> suggest you kill file me. Problem solved.
    >
    > Or you will get a lot of posts in response to your HJT log requests
    > telling you to knock it off. You will get a rep, and people will tend to
    > not take your responses seriously, because the OP will see a whole bunch
    > of people saying not to do what you ask.
    >
    > THIS IS NOT AN HJT GROUP! Deal with it, or may I suggest you start
    > kill-filing all of the regulars in this group now, because you won't here
    > the end of this, until
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > The name of this group is microsoft.public.windowsxp.general not
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.nohijackthis.

    Exactly, and HJT logs have no business being posted here.

    > You're an idiot

    Why thank you, but I'm not the one trying to get people to post their
    HJT logs to this non-HJT newsgroup. People have tried to rationally
    explain where the proper places for HJT logs is, but you refuse to see
    reason, so who is the real idiot here?

    > HijackThis is a tool NOT software. Deal with it.

    Actually is is a software tool, as opposed to a physical one, like the
    hammer that is needed to beat some sense into your thick skull.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Your ego got in the way when you butted in to my post.

    > kurttrail wrote:
    >
    >> pcbutts1 wrote:
    >>> First of all how is anybody else going to learn how to read these
    >>> logs if they can't see what is being fixed. Hijackthis is a trouble
    >>> shooting utility not software. It provides a wealth of information
    >>> about a users system not just spyware. What makes you think I am not
    >>> an not an expert at reading them. Why would I ask them to post them
    >>> if I did not intend to help them. What makes you think those are
    >>> experts in those forums. Show me a post where a troll has analyzed a
    >>> hjt log. People come to these groups for help, lets help them not
    >>> send them somewhere else, which is what most of the MVP's do anyway.
    >>> Sending someone to another group is not helping especially when there
    >>> are others in this group that can help. It is a waste of time. When
    >>> those so called "Experts" ask someone to fix something and then post
    >>> another log that means they are guessing, try this try that. I am
    >>> beginning to feel that all of you are intimidated by hjt logs which
    >>> is why you tell them to post it elsewhere. No I am not going to send
    >>> someone to another forum to for a problem that I can fix right here.
    >>> Look what happen to Chico, he had to format his system because of a
    >>> Trojan that hijackthis would have detected. Formatting a system to
    >>> fix one issue is over kill. I am sure you are familiar with the words
    >>> kill file? If you don't want to read my posts about hjt then I
    >>> suggest you kill file me. Problem solved.
    >>
    >> Or you will get a lot of posts in response to your HJT log requests
    >> telling you to knock it off. You will get a rep, and people will tend
    >> to not take your responses seriously, because the OP will see a whole
    >> bunch of people saying not to do what you ask.
    >>
    >> THIS IS NOT AN HJT GROUP! Deal with it, or may I suggest you start
    >> kill-filing all of the regulars in this group now, because you won't
    >> here the end of this, until
    >>

    > Thanks, Kurt. I guess he didn't read or really understand my post. I
    > guess his ego has gotten in the way of providing good tech support. Too
    > bad. Too bad for the end users, too.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Your ego got in the way when you butted in to my post.

    I can assure you that her ego isn't the problem here. She is among the
    most respect people that regularly post here, and you would do well to,
    at the very least, listen to what she has to say, without attacking her.

    But obviously it is your ego that can't handle a little constructive
    criticism.

    And if you think you can drag this out until I kill file you, then you
    would be sadly mistaken.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Look it is not going to work so stop trying. I am not going to tell them to
    post their log somewhere else. I am not going to change my mind. No matter
    how hard you try.

    > pcbutts1 wrote:
    >> The name of this group is microsoft.public.windowsxp.general not
    >> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.nohijackthis.
    >
    > Exactly, and HJT logs have no business being posted here.
    >
    >> You're an idiot
    >
    > Why thank you, but I'm not the one trying to get people to post their HJT
    > logs to this non-HJT newsgroup. People have tried to rationally explain
    > where the proper places for HJT logs is, but you refuse to see reason, so
    > who is the real idiot here?
    >
    >> HijackThis is a tool NOT software. Deal with it.
    >
    > Actually is is a software tool, as opposed to a physical one, like the
    > hammer that is needed to beat some sense into your thick skull.
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Look it is not going to work so stop trying. I am not going to tell
    > them to post their log somewhere else. I am not going to change my
    > mind. No matter how hard you try.

    LOL! And as hard as you try, you won't be able to run away from having
    your ignorance pointed out to you and the group, over and over again!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Your problem is your arrogance. If someone posts their log here I am going
    to look at whether you like it or not. There is nothing you can do about it.
    Continuing to try to and change it is futile and it makes you a troll.

    > pcbutts1 wrote:
    >> Your ego got in the way when you butted in to my post.
    >
    > I can assure you that her ego isn't the problem here. She is among the
    > most respect people that regularly post here, and you would do well to, at
    > the very least, listen to what she has to say, without attacking her.
    >
    > But obviously it is your ego that can't handle a little constructive
    > criticism.
    >
    > And if you think you can drag this out until I kill file you, then you
    > would be sadly mistaken.
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  28. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Your problem is your arrogance.

    Actually, that's one of my more charming personality traits!

    > If someone posts their log here I am
    > going to look at whether you like it or not.

    I can't stop you, nor would I try. But what I can do is discourage
    anyone that you try to solicit to post their HJT logs here. If they are
    more reasonable than you are, you will have nothing to look at. And as
    you can already see, it will be more than me that will do the
    discouraging.

    > There is nothing you can
    > do about it.

    Already have done. Do you see any HJT Log in this thread?

    > Continuing to try to and change it is futile and it
    > makes you a troll.

    I'm not trying to change you. Now all I'm doing is showing how
    unreasonable you are to the rest of the group.

    pcButthead is calling me a troll, how will I ever post here again?!

    Call me any name you like. I take ANYTHING you throw in my direction.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  29. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    As kurt said, each time you ask for one others will jump in and make you look like an idiot to the person you are trying to help.

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message news:yZ9De.1027$Fk4.862@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
    > The name of this group is microsoft.public.windowsxp.general not
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.nohijackthis. You're an idiot HijackThis
    > is a tool NOT software. Deal with it.

    > "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in message
    >> pcbutts1 wrote:
    >>> First of all how is anybody else going to learn how to read these
    >>> logs if they can't see what is being fixed. Hijackthis is a trouble
    >>> shooting utility not software. It provides a wealth of information
    >>> about a users system not just spyware. What makes you think I am not
    >>> an not an expert at reading them. Why would I ask them to post them
    >>> if I did not intend to help them. What makes you think those are
    >>> experts in those forums. Show me a post where a troll has analyzed a
    >>> hjt log. People come to these groups for help, lets help them not
    >>> send them somewhere else, which is what most of the MVP's do anyway.
    >>> Sending someone to another group is not helping especially when there
    >>> are others in this group that can help. It is a waste of time. When
    >>> those so called "Experts" ask someone to fix something and then post
    >>> another log that means they are guessing, try this try that. I am
    >>> beginning to feel that all of you are intimidated by hjt logs which
    >>> is why you tell them to post it elsewhere. No I am not going to send
    >>> someone to another forum to for a problem that I can fix right here.
    >>> Look what happen to Chico, he had to format his system because of a
    >>> Trojan that hijackthis would have detected. Formatting a system to
    >>> fix one issue is over kill. I am sure you are familiar with the words
    >>> kill file? If you don't want to read my posts about hjt then I
    >>> suggest you kill file me. Problem solved.
    >>
    >> Or you will get a lot of posts in response to your HJT log requests
    >> telling you to knock it off. You will get a rep, and people will tend to
    >> not take your responses seriously, because the OP will see a whole bunch
    >> of people saying not to do what you ask.
    >>
    >> THIS IS NOT AN HJT GROUP! Deal with it, or may I suggest you start
    >> kill-filing all of the regulars in this group now, because you won't here
    >> the end of this, until
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peace!
    >> Kurt
    >> Self-anointed Moderator
    >> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    >> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    >> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
    >> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  30. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Don't hate the player hate the game.

    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    As kurt said, each time you ask for one others will jump in and make you
    look like an idiot to the person you are trying to help.

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > The name of this group is microsoft.public.windowsxp.general not
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.nohijackthis. You're an idiot
    > HijackThis
    > is a tool NOT software. Deal with it.

    > "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in message
    >> pcbutts1 wrote:
    >>> First of all how is anybody else going to learn how to read these
    >>> logs if they can't see what is being fixed. Hijackthis is a trouble
    >>> shooting utility not software. It provides a wealth of information
    >>> about a users system not just spyware. What makes you think I am not
    >>> an not an expert at reading them. Why would I ask them to post them
    >>> if I did not intend to help them. What makes you think those are
    >>> experts in those forums. Show me a post where a troll has analyzed a
    >>> hjt log. People come to these groups for help, lets help them not
    >>> send them somewhere else, which is what most of the MVP's do anyway.
    >>> Sending someone to another group is not helping especially when there
    >>> are others in this group that can help. It is a waste of time. When
    >>> those so called "Experts" ask someone to fix something and then post
    >>> another log that means they are guessing, try this try that. I am
    >>> beginning to feel that all of you are intimidated by hjt logs which
    >>> is why you tell them to post it elsewhere. No I am not going to send
    >>> someone to another forum to for a problem that I can fix right here.
    >>> Look what happen to Chico, he had to format his system because of a
    >>> Trojan that hijackthis would have detected. Formatting a system to
    >>> fix one issue is over kill. I am sure you are familiar with the words
    >>> kill file? If you don't want to read my posts about hjt then I
    >>> suggest you kill file me. Problem solved.
    >>
    >> Or you will get a lot of posts in response to your HJT log requests
    >> telling you to knock it off. You will get a rep, and people will tend to
    >> not take your responses seriously, because the OP will see a whole bunch
    >> of people saying not to do what you ask.
    >>
    >> THIS IS NOT AN HJT GROUP! Deal with it, or may I suggest you start
    >> kill-filing all of the regulars in this group now, because you won't here
    >> the end of this, until
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peace!
    >> Kurt
    >> Self-anointed Moderator
    >> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    >> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    >> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
    >> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  31. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Don't hate the player hate the game.

    And that is all you are doing, playing a game with very tired cliche's

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  32. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I don't think anyone hates you. We just don't want HJ logs here. They make searching impossible.

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message news:DjaDe.1034$Fk4.371@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
    > Don't hate the player hate the game.

    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > As kurt said, each time you ask for one others will jump in and make you
    > look like an idiot to the person you are trying to help.

    > "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    >> The name of this group is microsoft.public.windowsxp.general not
    >> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.nohijackthis. You're an idiot
    >> HijackThis
    >> is a tool NOT software. Deal with it.
    >>
    >> --

    >> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Or you will get a lot of posts in response to your HJT log requests
    >>> telling you to knock it off. You will get a rep, and people will tend to
    >>> not take your responses seriously, because the OP will see a whole bunch
    >>> of people saying not to do what you ask.
    >>>
    >>> THIS IS NOT AN HJT GROUP! Deal with it, or may I suggest you start
    >>> kill-filing all of the regulars in this group now, because you won't here
    >>> the end of this, until
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Peace!
    >>> Kurt
    >>> Self-anointed Moderator
    >>> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    >>> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    >>> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
    >>> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  33. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    <snip>
    > What makes you think I am not an not an expert
    > at reading them.

    See
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/985e48aa9aa16e29?hl=en,
    where you posted incomplete and dangerous advice.

    > Why would I ask them to post them if I did not intend to
    > help them.

    I dunno, why do you? Your advice concerning hijackware's been quite
    reckless here so far.

    > What makes you think those are experts in those forums.

    Have /you/ a track record of successfully helping people in those forums and
    been recognised by their moderators, admin and owners?

    Have /you/ been recognised by Microsoft for your contributions to these
    newsgroups and the help you've provided over the years to users of Windows
    products?

    > Show me a post where a troll has analyzed a hjt log.

    Right here, baby:
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/985e48aa9aa16e29?hl=en
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    PA Bear wrote:

    <snipped at both ends>

    > Have /you/ been recognised by Microsoft for your contributions to
    > these newsgroups and the help you've provided over the years to users
    > of Windows products?

    I agree that pcButthead is reckless, perhaps downright dangerous, but
    being recognized by MS isn't all that much of an honor. MS has
    recognized Carey Frisch as a MVP, and from years of reading his posts, I
    know the only thing he is worthy of being recognized for is being a
    serial cut and paster.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt