Please help me understand something

As far as I know, there are three vital signs to a computer:

1) RAM useage
2) Processor useage
3) Hard Drive I/O

Why is it, that sometimes all three are barely being touched but still
my computer is running like a slug?

This has happened to me on multiple computers for as long as I have
been using XP, and it happend on my current one every time it starts
up and soemtimes when just doing some random task.

What aother vital sign can I key in on to see where the bottleneck is?

Thanks,
Eric

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-help-understand-ftopict396803.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1308442
1 answer Last reply
More about please understand something

    Eric78 wrote:

    > As far as I know, there are three vital signs to a computer:
    >
    > 1) RAM useage
    > 2) Processor useage
    > 3) Hard Drive I/O
    >
    > Why is it, that sometimes all three are barely being touched but still
    > my computer is running like a slug?
    >
    > This has happened to me on multiple computers for as long as I have
    > been using XP, and it happend on my current one every time it starts
    > up and soemtimes when just doing some random task.
    >
    > What aother vital sign can I key in on to see where the bottleneck is?

    Try here -
    Slow or Sluggish Computer:
    http://aumha.org/a/health.htm - Take Out the Trash (section 4)

    Malke