Please help me understand something

As far as I know, there are three vital signs to a computer:

1) RAM useage
2) Processor useage
3) Hard Drive I/O

Why is it, that sometimes all three are barely being touched but still
my computer is running like a slug?

This has happened to me on multiple computers for as long as I have
been using XP, and it happend on my current one every time it starts
up and soemtimes when just doing some random task.

What aother vital sign can I key in on to see where the bottleneck is?

Thanks,
Eric

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-help-understand-ftopict396803.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1308442

Malke

Eric78 wrote:

> As far as I know, there are three vital signs to a computer:
>
> 1) RAM useage
> 2) Processor useage
> 3) Hard Drive I/O
>
> Why is it, that sometimes all three are barely being touched but still
> my computer is running like a slug?
>
> This has happened to me on multiple computers for as long as I have
> been using XP, and it happend on my current one every time it starts
> up and soemtimes when just doing some random task.
>
> What aother vital sign can I key in on to see where the bottleneck is?

Try here -
Slow or Sluggish Computer:
http://aumha.org/a/health.htm - Take Out the Trash (section 4)

Malke