Paul

Splendid

In msconfig/startup tab I have an entry with no title, just a location of
"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"
When I put a tick next to it I gat a very slow Shutdown. Any ideas what this
could be?

kelly

Hi Paul,

In most of my cases, those unknowns are also nameless or missing via:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

Do me a favor and run this small utility and send the logfile via private
email.

Windows XP Startup Programs Tracker
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_u.htm#xp_util

--