Windows Explorer Encounters problems, OCA says its Purstiu.A

Each time I open My computer and double click on an HDD or other folder it
opens but immediatly says that Windows Explorer as encountered a problem and
needs to close, I then send the error report and provides me with a link to
something that will prevent it from happening again. On the Online Crash
Analysis website it says the problem was caused by a virus called
TrojanDownloader:Win32/Purstiu.A and that I should run the Malicious Software
Removal Tool, but it says that my PC is completely clean. I also scaned my PC
with an up-to-date version of Trend Micro PC-cillin, and it also came out
clean. I then tried to find out about the virus but sevral searches on Google
gave me abselutely no results. I also tried Trend Micro, Sophos and Norton's
websites and gave me no result.

The problem occurs each time after I open any Explorer window and from there
go into another folder.

Please Help, these constant errors are driveing me nuts!!!

P.S I havent installed any new software for at least three days before the
problem started.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer encounters problems purstiu

    Use:

    AD Aware SE 1.06
    Spybot: Search and Destroy 1.4

    with all updates adn in "safe mode".

    Most anti-virus utilities still do not handle spywares correctly (Trojans
    are on category of spywares).

    "TianS" <TianS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Each time I open My computer and double click on an HDD or other folder it
    > opens but immediatly says that Windows Explorer as encountered a problem
    > and
    > needs to close, I then send the error report and provides me with a link
    > something that will prevent it from happening again. On the Online Crash
    > Analysis website it says the problem was caused by a virus called
    > TrojanDownloader:Win32/Purstiu.A and that I should run the Malicious
    > Software
    > Removal Tool, but it says that my PC is completely clean. I also scaned my
    > PC
    > with an up-to-date version of Trend Micro PC-cillin, and it also came out
    > clean. I then tried to find out about the virus but sevral searches on
    > Google
    > gave me abselutely no results. I also tried Trend Micro, Sophos and
    > Norton's
    > websites and gave me no result.
    >
    > The problem occurs each time after I open any Explorer window and from
    > there
    > go into another folder.
    >
    > Please Help, these constant errors are driveing me nuts!!!
    >
    > P.S I havent installed any new software for at least three days before the
    > problem started.

    Download, install, update and run all of the following.

    Ad-Aware

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
    it can be analyzed.

    HijackThis

    "TianS" <TianS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Each time I open My computer and double click on an HDD or other folder it
    > opens but immediatly says that Windows Explorer as encountered a problem
    > and
    > needs to close, I then send the error report and provides me with a link
    > something that will prevent it from happening again. On the Online Crash
    > Analysis website it says the problem was caused by a virus called
    > TrojanDownloader:Win32/Purstiu.A and that I should run the Malicious
    > Software
    > Removal Tool, but it says that my PC is completely clean. I also scaned my
    > PC
    > with an up-to-date version of Trend Micro PC-cillin, and it also came out
    > clean. I then tried to find out about the virus but sevral searches on
    > Google
    > gave me abselutely no results. I also tried Trend Micro, Sophos and
    > Norton's
    > websites and gave me no result.
    >
    > The problem occurs each time after I open any Explorer window and from
    > there
    > go into another folder.
    >
    > Please Help, these constant errors are driveing me nuts!!!
    >
    > P.S I havent installed any new software for at least three days before the
    > problem started.

Windows Explorer Windows XP