Hook up two speakers to one PC

Here's the scoop...

I have a 2.1 speaker set with the one simple audio cable (green cable).
Also, I have the awesome Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound system (black, green, and orange cables).

The problem is, I need that green input for both sets of speakers, so would a simple audio splitter do the trick?

Thanks for your help
2 answers Last reply
More about hook speakers
  1. Depends on your audio card you can set it up as 7.1, creative card have different way of connecting 7.1.

    or just get a "Y" mini jack connector.
  2. yeah i think ill stick with the Y connector.
    my surround sound speakers are for my TV, so it's not set up for PC use

    i only need the surround sound to play music from my computer instead of playing on my crappy 2.1 set. I didnt mind playing music on my surround sound from my PS3, but its much more of a hassle as far as playlist settings go, etc.

    anyways, thanks for your replay!
Ask a new question

Read More

Speakers Audio Green Cable