Hi.
I would like to be able to watch Tv programmes on my pc. Could anyone
recomend a GOOD card to be able to do this..and any thing else I may need.
Thanks very much
Phill

Xp pro
160GB maxtor SATA
msi K8N Diamond bluetooth
1024 mb Corsair 4000
winchester amd 3200 cpu

curmudgeon

Yves Leclerc wrote:

> Or you can replace your video card with a All in Wonder,
> made by ATi Tech.

That would be my recommendation.

I'm still happy with my ancient ATI AIW 8mb card from six years ago.

Try looking at this link: http://www.hauppauge.com/

Their TV cards also seem to work with XP Media Centre Edition.

From: "Phill" <Phill@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Hi.
| I would like to be able to watch Tv programmes on my pc. Could anyone
| recomend a GOOD card to be able to do this..and any thing else I may need.
| Thanks very much
| Phill
|
| Xp pro
| 160GB maxtor SATA
| msi K8N Diamond bluetooth
| 1024 mb Corsair 4000
| winchester amd 3200 cpu

I use an ATI Wonder VE card. Cost a whole $40.00 US. It also can capture NTSC, 1v P-P
video. Great if I want to create a DVD from a old video tape.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:16:06 -0700, "Phill"
<Phill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi.
>I would like to be able to watch Tv programmes on my pc. Could anyone
>recomend a GOOD card to be able to do this..and any thing else I may need.
>Thanks very much
>Phill

You sound British with "programmes" and all that. British TV format
is different than USA. Be sure your card is compatable.
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

Thanks every one, and yes I am British. usefull tip about pal and other tv
formats.

I don't want to replace my video card as it is a XFX GeForce 6800GT PCI -E.
Sorry forgot to put that in the spec.

I will have a look through the US sites you've kindly posted and then try to
match it to a UK site / version.
Thanks again.

From: "Phill" <Phill@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Thanks every one, and yes I am British. usefull tip about pal and other tv
| formats.
|
| I don't want to replace my video card as it is a XFX GeForce 6800GT PCI -E.
| Sorry forgot to put that in the spec.
|
| I will have a look through the US sites you've kindly posted and then try to
| match it to a UK site / version.
| Thanks again.

The ATI PCI card "TV Wonder VE" supports both PAL and NTSC and is a supplementary card, not
a replacement for your GeForce video card.

http://www.ati.com/products/tvwonderve/index.html