Just built a computer and installed windows, having driver problems

alexjb

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Hi everyone, I have just built my first ever computer and installed Windows 7 on it, I have inserted the MSI disk that came with the MSI motherboard but it failed to load up, so I went in to device manager and noticed that there were some things with yellow icons next to them, so I installed all of them apart from the Ethernet Controller and the Bus controller as they failed, it said for the ethernet controller that a driver was found but failed to install and for the Bus controller no drivers were found from the CD in the DVD-RW Drive.

The problem I have is that without the ethernet controller installing I cannot access the internet to download drivers, please can someone help me out?

I'm starting to think that maybe I missed something out while putting the computer together as it is my first time ever, thank you for help! :)

Check the documentation of the Mobo, also check specifically what Ethernet chip is being used by them and then install the correct driver.
Remember, that drivers are usually in compressed format on the disc, that is, either zipped or rarred, you will need to un-compress it to get the drivers to be identified by the HW Manager.

alexjb

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
thanks, I've looked in motherboard manual but I cannot see to find any help there, I really want to get this thing working spend 12 hours putting it together, when I click on properties for the ethernet controller it says device type: other devices Manufacturer: unknown location: PCI Bus 3, device 0, function 0

Description: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

How would I unzip the folders from the mobo disk please? as I have no access to internet to download WinRar, please help me out I really want to get this computer working, thanks :)

popeyejohnson

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
dprsu off line driver install
http://tpb.pirateparty.org.uk/torrent/6302440/DriverPack_Solution_11_(x32-x64)__[_Victory]_
never found a driver that hasnt got just dl and run and it will do it all for you, its freeware but the torrent dls faster than main site ;)
hope it helps

Surgeking

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
I've done this as well. use my laptop to grab drivers, flash drive it and transfer. If you have a smart phone you might be able to use that to grab the drivers and transfer to PC.

Might also want to check BIOS and set it to default. Might get windows to detect new hardware then install generic drivers or find it in the disk.

alexjb

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
thank you all for your great answers, thankfully I can borrow my brothers laptop and flash drive to download the drivers, good idea thanks hope it works :)